Chapter 4

It was a hooded figure. I was so freaked out, I looked away as quickly as I looked at it.

"Oh my God, Skyler! When did you get here!?" Rianna smiled.

So this weird figure was Skyler?

"'Bout ten minutes ago. Jojo, you should really lock your door next time." "Skyler" said, removing the hood.

I could now see Skyler was a boy with two braids going down his back. His face was straight. He shifted his weight onto his other foot, his arms folded across his chest.

"Where were you today, Sky?" Rianna asked.

Was I the only one freaked out at his calm composure?

"My father came down to the school today," Skyler said quietly again. "Problems we had to fix." He coughed, and I felt his eyes on my face again.

"Oh, Sky, this is who we were talking about earlier... this is Kay!" Alex said.

Skyler looked at me in disgust. "Is that so."

Well... that was swell.

"Yeah... " Alex trailed.

"Jordan, I need to speak to you. It's six forty, I'll be going soon." Sklyer dragged out, like he was hiding an accent.

Alex faced me.

"Do not take anything from him personal..." Alex smiled.

"Oh, it's fine... " I smiled nervously, chewing my bottom lip.

There was a knock on the door.

That blonde opened the door.

Okay, that sounded rude but what else could I say?

"Okay, it is time for all other teams to return to their areas, and boys! You guys know that you have to be in your rooms!" She smiled.

"Ah, yeah, we got you Tess!" Alex smiled.

Tess walked out of the room and Alex stood up.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow, Kay!" Alex smiled, pulling me off of the couch and bear-hugging me.

"See you Alex!" I smiled as he left.

"Bye, Kay, I'll see you tomorrow after school... I have a surprise for you!" Rianna smiled before giving me a quick hug.

A surprise?

It was now 6:50, and Jordan returned to the living room. Her face red, and eyes even redder.

"Hey, Jo... are you okay?" I asked.

Jordan nodded, removing her hair from the bun she had it in. Her red curls fell around her shoulders as she walked slowly to her room.

"Are you sure?" I asked, concerned but I wasn't good with comforting.

"Yeah, Kay, I'm fine. Trust me."

Yeah, because every girl is "just fine" when they cry.

"Okay, I'm gonna go... uhm, reorganize my shoes..." I say.

Now, that is weird.

I was in my closet, putting my shoes and sneakers in color-order...

I have NEVER did that. But, I have to say, it looked pretty cool. I was never organized, so my closet didn't even look like my closet.

But, when I got put in awkward situations, I had no idea what to do. I wasn't a mushy person, so when I saw someone crying, I would stand there like a lost puppy.