Love is Pain

AN/ welcome to the next short! Carrying on to a new one. Please enjoy!!!
————-

Regina smiles, looking out her drivers window at the leaves falling swiftly to the ground. Mesmerized with the world around her. Her beautiful dark brown locks dangled over her shoulders, her navy dress clinging to her body perfectly! Accentuating all of her most beautiful assets. "Darling! Don't stare out the window like that while you're driving please. Focus on the road."

Regina giggled and nodded at the older woman in the passenger seat, a spitting image of herself. Her mother. "Mother, I did just get my drivers license! Aren't I supposed to be in some control here?"

Her mother scoffed, fixing her eyebrows in the mirror above her head. "My dear...what gave you that illusion?" She joked, smirking at her daughter. Once they got home, Cora exited the car in a bit more of a hurry, scurrying up the drive way and into the garage...out of sight. "Mother? Mom!" Regina tried to keep up, tripping over her heels as she followed far behind. "What the-"

"Surprise!"

Her mother smiled and lifted up a covering over a beautiful, new BMW..sitting in the middle of the garage. "Now it's no Maserati but this'll do for now until you've shown you can handle more."

"Oh my god! Mom! What I- you didn't?" Regina was jumping up and down now, the pavement scuffing against the bottom of her shoes. "Mindfulness Regina! I just had this garage re paved." Regina rolled her eyes in a playful way. Money speaks I guess. Who spontaneously gets their garage re paved. "Mother...thank you so much." She squealed, opening the drivers door. Inside was beautiful black leather interior, with a smooth finish. The car smelt brand new, it even had a sparkle to it. "Oh my gosh can I take it out please!?"

Cora laughed and nodded, "yes I'm sure Emma will be eager to see." Regina nodded fast and hopped in, that's exactly where she was planning on going. "Did I say thank you enough???" Regina cried, rolling down the window to speak to her mom. "Oh honey of course! Gosh you're already seventeen. Time sure flies. You deserve this."

Regina got misty eyed and started the engine, sighing at the absolute beautiful sound it made when she turned it on. "Woah." Regina hit the gas and sped off onto the road. "Jesus..." Cora whispered under her breath, turning to head inside.

—————

Before Regina knew it, she was in front of Emma's double wide. She swung her door open and ran up to the front door ringing the doorbell a few times, so excited to show Emma the new ride they'd have to go around in. Emma opened the door and before she could even say anything Regina was speaking.

"Emma! Look! Look!"

She pointed at the car in the driveway and smiled, "I have a car! And I got my license! Just like we always talked about! I thought I'd surprise you!"

"Woah...Gina you really did it. I'm- im so proud." Emma was acting different...short even. "Bubs..." Regina laid her hand on Emma's shoulder and smiled, "you alright?"

"Yeah! No...now just just a good time really." The blonde gripped the top of her shoulder almost as a defensive technique and shied away a little bit. "Emma." Regina knitted her eyebrows together, now backing away a little herself.

They'd only been together for about six months, but for Regina...at their age. She felt she found the one. She knew it. She didn't understand Emma's behavior!

"I-I just had plans Regina, and I-"

"Emma you ready!?" This giggling, bubbly, blonde haired, blue eyed woman emerged and Reginas face turned pail. Which was hard to do based on her beautiful tan complexion.

"Emma....what is this?" Regina sounded so heartbroken. She couldn't believe this. How would she ever get over it. What was happening right now. There weren't any signs! Just....what.

"Regina!'i- it's not what it looks like.."

"Emma who is this!"

"Becca just go back inside!"

"Becca?" Regina growled. "Oh so she can stay and you're about to what? Tell me something to calm me down and shoo me away? What the hell Emma. Oh and she doesn't even know who I am!?"

"We're about to go to the movies um..." Becca mumbled in a defeated tone.

"Becca stop!" Emma whined looking more and more uncomfortable. Regina tried to fight back the tears but it was so incredibly hard. "Good luck Becca. Looks like you can keep her. Real winner." She turned around, running to her car.

"Regina! Wait please!" Emma knew she had messed up. Royally. Regina was the best thing that had happened to her and she fucked it all up for what? Just to see what was out there, and if she still could attract random women! Why. Emma was nineteen, and for some reason felt like she could sneak...and it would all be okay. No. This day was bound to happen.

"Leave me be Emma!" Regina cried, locking her car door behind her. Before Emma could even properly react, Regina had sped off. Going over sixty in the forty five. She wasn't even thinking about it!! She was so angry and hurt...all of her emotions felt so mixed up. There was no coming back from this....

She turned her radio on and scoffed, a sob breaking out of her lips at the first song that played. Every word was like it was written for her. "And I know we weren't perfect...but I've never felt this way for no one. And I just can't image how you could be so okay...now that I'm gone!" She wiped her tears violently, makeup streaming down her face as she drove. Suddenly flashing lights came on right behind her. She gasped, looking up into her rearview mirror, instant panic filled her heart. She gasped and screamed as her tire caught on something in the road and she began spinning out of control, her car flipped in the middle of the road, slamming against the guardrail. All she could see in those moments was her last moments with Emma right before this happened. She bashed her head against the steering wheel and passed out, dangling upside down, shards of glass from the windshield in her face.

"Ma'am! Ma'am!" The officer called, trying to see if she was awake, as he rapidly approached her vehicle...but only got a weak grunt, moments later. "Don't worry, an ambulance is on the way. Hold tight!" That was the last thing she heard before passing out again...

-/-/—-////—-////—————

AN- you know I had to incorporate the new hit song flooding the world right now!!
Credit: Drivers license by Olivia Rodrigo

Thanks so much for reading this short. Please comment and vote please!!
Edit: There will be a part two for this story. Thank you.