01 bakery

━━ Each colorful pastry was lined up neatly on the other side of the clean and shiny glass. There were many different types of cake, cookies, bread, and any other sweet food you could think of. The building smelt like strawberries and frosting, which seems like it would be overwhelming, but it was actually pretty relaxing and brought a homey vibe to the place.

Your family owned a bakery on the east side of town. The street was relatively busy, so many people passing by would take a break to hang out in the comforting building or grab a quick sweet thing to eat.

Growing up and working at a bakery when you were young caused you to not like sweet things as much as other people did. It didn't mean that you didn't eat it when offered, you just didn't consume it on your own.

Currently, you were wiping away at the counters with a wash cloth to make sure that each spot was "squeaky clean" as others would put it. It was minutes away from opening time, so you did the job done as fast as you could. As soon as your grandmother flipped the opening sign around so that the closed side was facing you, the wash cloth was dropping inside of the sink.

She turned to you with a proud smile adoring her features. "Wow, you get better every day! I remember when you were only allowed to watch us work, and now you do most of the work for us."

You felt confidence run through you from the compliments. "I was only washing the counter, its not nearly as much as you guys do."

She playfully rolled her eyes before she started to walk towards you, taking your place behind the counter. "I want you to be our (waiter/waitress) today!"

You nodded, and without saying a word, walked to the door behind her that would lead you to the living room of your home. When being a (waiter/waitress) here, you had to wear a formal outfit instead of the sweats and oversized shirt you were wearing.

You threw on a simple attire, a buttoned up f/c shirt and some black tights. It was a simple outfit that you wouldn't usually wear, but it was more appropriate for work than what you were previously wearing. Once you were dressed, you stood in front of the full sized mirror in the corner of your room and made sure that you looked decent. You noticed that one of the buttons weren't properly buttoned, so you quickly fixed that while watching yourself in the reflection of the glass.

Once you were finally done with that, you entered the warm atmosphere of the bakery again. A few customers were seated near the large window, quietly talking to each other while enjoying the coffee your grandmother prepared for them. The usual faces of the morning customers were always provided a steaming hot cup of coffee before heading off to work. They would often compliment your grandmother's coffee, claiming that it was better than the cafe's a few doors down.

Business was calm in the morning, making everything even more relaxing than before. It was comforting working here, knowing that home was just a door away and your coworkers were family and close friends. Your life was full of happiness, but sometimes, you longed for more excitement. It was okay to feel that way sometimes, as long as you didn't think about it too much. Those thoughts were for at night, the time of day when you felt the most vulnerable to do something crazy and out of character.

As the day went on, the warm glow from the sun shone through the window more than it did during the morning. The glow made the glass protecting the cakes shine, making a few of the customers notice how fresh the baked foods looked. They began to wait impatiently in line to order their favorite sweets, shifting from foot to foot.