Chapter One: Gotham

Gotham City, 10:48 PM, 4/19/14

        The streets of the huge city of Gotham are filled with criminals.  Robin knows because he had worked side-by-side with the city's own Batman to fight the villains that threatened to destroy it.  Now he was working covert operations with his own team to fight villains and do jobs that the Justice League would usually be doing.  He liked it much better than working with Batman, it was good to be with kids his own age for once instead of an older, much darker billionaire.

        Robin spoke into his earpiece as he watched the streets.

        "Aqualad what's your position?"  He asked watching as the cars clumped up and down the busy streets.

        "We are approaching the target on the ground."  Aqualad replied, Robin could not see him walking on the streets, but he knew he was there somewhere along with Miss Martian, Superboy, and Starfire.

        "Alright."  Robin nodded, feeling both excitement and nervous about the mission, "Do not let that truck out of your sight."

        "Copy that."  Aqualad replied, "It would probably be better now if we communicated telepathically.  So that no one picks up our signal."

        "Copy that.  Megan you got that?"  Robin asked Miss Martian.

        He heard her voice in his head as the telepathic link was established by the martian.

        "Got it Robin."  Martian spoke through her thoughts, "No one can read our thoughts so this should be good."

        "Remind me who is in this truck again?"  Superboy asked anxiously, "I just want to get some action."

        "We believe that truck contains the missing weapons from the cave.  The same ones that went missing only an hour before we were attacked."  Starfire informed him.

        "The same ones from a week ago?"  Miss Martian asked, "I still don't get why they are in Gotham now and not out of the country.  Deathstroke seems like the type of guy to get his job done quickly."

        "Perhaps Deathstroke's job was only to attack."  Aqualad proposed thoughtfully, "Maybe someone else got the weapons."

        "How do we know the weapons are even in there for sure?"  Miss Martian asked, "I mean even though Superboy can see through that truck that doesn't mean those are ours."

        "We are pretty certain I'd say."  Blue Beetle spoke now, "I mean come on people!  Superboy said that he saw weapons inside!  The same weapons that I helped to create, the blue-plasma weapons."

        "Miss Martian is right, those may not be ours Blue."  Robin narrowed his eyes as he looked through a pair of binoculars at the truck, he then shifted to look at the area around and widened his eyes at what he saw, "Aqualad, you may want to look at the corner where the truck is."

        Robin looked down at the corner watching the figure standing there.  It was none other than Vandal Savage, one of the most dangerous men on the planet.

        "Pull out now."  Robin ordered them, "Do not engage, I repeat do not engage."

        "Robin we can't just let him get away!"  Superboy argued angrily, "We have the advantage of surprise!  We can take him!"

        "Superboy you cannot take him in the crowded streets of Gotham!"  Robin yelled back in his thoughts.

        Superboy simply scowled in anger.  Vandal was moving now, he was following the truck.