𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

September 2nd 2020

Looking in the mirror getting ready for school, your mind drifted and you started to think about all those promises you made to each other.

彡 彡
_______________

𝟮𝟬𝟬𝟴

The tears rolling down his chubby cheeks made it clear the he hurt himself. His hands covering his little knee holding the blood in. Your little figure squatted in front of the five years old crying boy. "You fell ?" You asked him. He didn't answer, just nodded, still crying. "It's okay my mom is going to  fix it" You said handing your little hand for him to grab it. Your two little figures walking towards the house, Jisung limping a bit.

"Promise me you'll be careful next time Ji" You said handing your pinkie finger to him. "I promise, I'm sorry Yoonie" Answered Jisung while connecting is pinkie to yours, creating the first promise between you and your best friend.

_______________

𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟯

Your little feet floating in the air from the swing you were on. Little tears dropping from your eyes on your little skirt. You and Jisung just had a fight. A ten years old fight is not that big of a deal, but it was for you. He's your best friend, the only one you care for. A little hand tapping your shoulder made you drift your teary eyes to the person standing next to you. "I'm sorry Yoonie, I was mean to you" "I'm sorry too" You said handing your little arms for a hug that he accepted gracefully.

"Promise me to never leave me alone and always be there for me ?" You asked him. "Only if you are too" He answered all smiley.
Again, another promise, giving strength to your growing friendship.

______________

𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵

On the bathroom floor your figure was heavily crying into his arms. The cuts on your wrists, covered by a bandaid, he put himself. 20 minutes ago, he found you sitting here, hurting your own body. The abuse from your father on your mom and you, your mom getting sicker day by day, it was impossible to live like that at sixteen years old. Hurting yourself was the only way of relief for you, 3 months now, that you wear long sleeves, that you don't got to the swimming pool with Jisung anymore, afraid that he'll see. Now that he knows, things were probably going to be easier. "Shhhh it's okay Yoon, I'm here for you you know it. I'll help you go through it, I'll never leave you alone, I promised" He said gently caressing your hair, trying to calm you down. "I can't take it anymore Ji, it's too hard" "I know.. The door is always open at my house you know it" "I can't leave my mom alone.." "Then come with your mom, I will not tolerate that you stay with this asshole one more hour"

The next day you and your mom were sleeping at Jisung's house, getting away from your abusive father. You slept in Jisung's bed while he was on a
mattress on the floor, even if you insisted to not take the bed, he wouldn't let you.

Jisung and you were talking since 2 am now, sitting on his bed facing each other. "Yoonie can you promise me something ?" He asked you. "Anything Jisung" "Can you promise me to not give up on yourself ? Not hurting yourself again ? I-I know I shouldn't be the one asking you that, I know it's your fight, but please, it breaks me to see you like that"
You looked at him, with sad eyes, asking yourself if yes or no you could promise him that, but this is Jisung here, your one and only best friend, the one who's been with your for years now, the only one you actually care about, and the only one who actually care about you. "I promise you, I'll try" Jisung smiled before hugging you, showing you all the love he could to make you feel better. Jisung was the only one who could make you smile, he made you feel loved, safe, happy, he was the brother you never had. That's what you thought at the time.