Chapter 24: Talks

Cassie couldn't sleep.

For the past few hours she was trying to fall asleep, but she just couldn't. It's not like the bed wasn't comfortable (it was like a cloud actually). She just couldn't sleep in a strange place to her. It wasn't her bed. It wasn't her room.

She needed two months to apart to her bed in Hogwarts and she never actually slept in the Greengrass manor.

Finally, after she realized that even her teddy bear couldn't help her sleep, Cassie got out of her bed, put some slippers on and lit a candle. She looked around the room, without knowing what to do. Could she go to her dad? Could she tell him about this?

She decided not to wake anyone. After all it was probably 1 or 2 a.m. Cassie took the candle and walked to the kitchen with a book in her other hand. She could make herself a hot chocolate or something. She sat the book and the candle on the table and turned around.

Cassie almost screamed when she saw Kreacher. "Good evening, mistress," the house elf said and bowed down as she was royalty. "Do you need anything?"

"N-n-no... Go to bed, Kreacher..."

"Mistress Walburga said to take care of her granddaughter. So Kreacher will."

"Kreacher, I would like you to sleep. You need rest. I just can't sleep."

"Kreacher isn't tired. Kreacher will make his mistress some hot chocolate."

Cassie thanked him and sat down on the table, opening her book. She read three pages before the cup of hot chocolate was in front of her. She tried to keep her eyes open after she drank the whole thing, maybe to reach her bed, but she rested on the book and fell asleep on the table, dreaming about the life after the war.

It would be just her, her dad and her friends. It would be perfect.

*******
Sirius woke up pretty early. His home, he thought with a smile on his lips. The place he was born in, the place he lived for 16 years and the place where most of his memories were changed. He shooked his head as he walked down the corridor. He needed a big cup of coffee.

He came into the kitchen and his smile grew bigger. Sirius went to his daughter and kissed the top of her head. He didn't want to wake her by taking her upstairs so he put a blanket around her shoulders and told Kreacher to make his some coffee. "Why is Cassie sleeping here?" he asked the house elf.

"The Mistress Cassiopea came downstairs some time after midnight. She couldn't sleep, Kreacher guesses. So Kreacher gave her a little bit of sleeping potion. Because mistress needs sleep if she wants to survive this summer."

Sirius didn't have any idea if Kreacher was talking about the Weasleys, Harry or Voldemort. But saying it like that made him think that he had to let her sleep and have rest. At least for a few days.

"I have written to my cousin," he admitted to the house elf. "I believe that she and her husband will come to live with us. After all Cassie needs more than me."

He looked at her face as he drank from the cup. She looked so peaceful like there was nothing to worry about. Like there was no Voldemort, like there was no war coming. Like it was all those years ago, when Sirius himself couldn't sleep and he used to find himself in Cassie's room, looking at her little face and her beautiful black hair. He used to look around the room, looking at the paintings he and Emma made for her. He used to calm Cassie down when she cried, awaken from some nightmare. And then he would tell her the truth. That he had nightmares too. That they would probably never stop.

And when she looked at him, with those deep and beautiful little blue eyes, she smiled. Smiled at him, smiled at the world, promising that she is a dreamer. A dreamer who would safe the world.