Chapter 3 : Padfoot

"My dearest Cassiopea,
I hope you are doing well... And feeling better. I know what it's like to fight with your friends... Or the people whom you have called friends.
After I disowned and ran away from my home I was feeling like the whole world has gone to hell. I mean my sisters stopped talking to me, my family denied my existence. Before I realized it I was losing weight, I was smiling less and the girl that your uncle fell in love with was slowly dying. I was planning to run away again. To go home and apologize to my parents.
But then my best friend and cousin sent me a Howler. He screamed at me. "How can you be so stupid and blind, Andromeda Black?!" he screamed (evn though he was 5 years younger than me). "You've got everything you wanted and you are going to leave it because of that stupid pureblood stuff!"
Your father, Cassiopea Black, helped me realize why I ran away and soon after that howler I was pregnant with your cousin. I was the happiest person in the world.
I returned the favor to your dad when he ran away from home. I even went to the Potters. He wasn't himself. He was crying, he was angry. But then I told him that the stupid pureblood stuff of our family aren't worth it. I believe that he had listened to me. After all he had you.
I know that you want to hate your father. I know that you want to have another one, but your father is a good man and deep down you know it too. So let the stupid Harry Potter and his stupid friends call you whatever they want.
You know what you are and I want you not to be ashamed of it. You are not guilty of your father's sins, Cassie. And if there is another problem with Potter or anyone else tell them that your father will kill them (it just a joke, I don't know where your dad is).
I love you, my brave little lion. Please write to me as soon as you can.
With lots of love,
Aunt Andromeda
P. S. Dora is going to visit you on the 30th October. "

Cassiopea Black, who said that she absolutely hated sweets, was currently eating the cupcakes and candies her aunt had sent her. She was sitting with her cousin on some rock near the edge of the Forbidden forest, looking at the castle.

"So. Mom told me that-"

"Have you ever been called a whore by a person you have once trusted?" Cassie asked. "Believe me, it's depressing, discouraging. I was going to curse him, but Dumbledore will expel me if I hurt precious little Harry Potter."

There was something wrong with the coldness in her voice. Something scary, that even Dora was scared of. It made her tremble, wondering if she should continue with this topic.

"And my father, oh, God, my father!" she laughed. "He is in Hogwarts. Not she. Not my daughter. Not my little girl. He isn't looking for me."

Dora looked at her cousin with wide open eyes. Cassie was almost crying. The older cousin bit her lip. 12 years. Cassiopea was waiting for her father 12 years and when he finally comes out of Azkaban and when he finally did... he wasn't even trying to find her.

"I hate him," Cassie admitted angrily. "He left me and my mom for revenge. And he didn't even look back!"

"Cassie, I know it's hard, but... I don't think he is worth the crying and the screaming. Yes, he left you. Yes, he left your mom. You have all rights to be angry. But anger leads you to believing that someone like You-know-who can help you. He can, I sure. But it isn't the right thing to do. "

Cassie took a deep breath, looking at the setting sun. Dora was right. Of course she was right. But still Cassie wanted her father to feel pain as much as she did those 12 years. And there was only one person who could help her with it.

Daphne's cousin. Kol.

******
The next morning Cassie acquire two news. First she could stay in the castle for the Christmas holidays but she had to come back for the Easter holidays. And second her uncle Remus would start training Harry how to repel dementors. That was unfair. She always thought that she was the one important at least for her uncle.