|01| •Leona High•

To be young and in love in New York City
To not know who I am but still know that I'm good long as you're here with me
To be drunk and in love in New York City
Midnight into morning coffee
Burning through the hours talking
Damn, I like me better when I'm with you
I like me better when I'm with you
I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time 'cause
I like me better when
I like me better when I'm with you

Lauv
I like me better.

LauvI like me better

October, 2022

October, 2022.
Abuja.

The students of Leona High were ecstatic about the upcoming prom, especially the year 12 students. Everyone knew this year's prom would be the grandest Leona High ever hosted, thanks to the 2k23 set, which boasted only slay queens and the wealthiest kids. The highlight of their anticipation was seeing the outfit of Layla Kabir Yusuf, the headgirl and the school's ultimate slay queen.

The assembly had just ended, and the year 12 students stayed behind as Principal Penelope, affectionately called P.Pen, wanted to speak.

"Good day, students. I hope you're all feeling good and refreshed. Your mock exams start next week, and as students of this prestigious school, I expect you to take them seriously. These mocks are to prepare you for your senior certificate exams. Good luck. You can go back to your classes."

"Where the heck is Layla?" Yasmin huffed, throwing her arms in the air.

"Probably at home, sleeping off her lazy ass," Amir replied in his usual bored tone.

"Layla will always be Layla! The school gates close at 7:30! It's already 8! How can the headgirl miss assembly? I had to lie to P. Pen that she was in the sick bay!" Yasmin added.

"Well, the rules don't always apply to Layla," Amir shrugged.

"Good morning, peeps," Layla announced, her voice ringing with cheerful confidence as she and Amar arrived, their presence instantly commanding attention. Layla was a vision of undeniable beauty in her neatly pressed uniform: a knee-length skirt, long white socks, and polished black shoes. Her blazer, adorned with a headgirl tag, fit her perfectly, complementing her neatly pressed shirt. The small cream-colored neck hijab framed her flawless face, highlighting her striking features and radiant smile. Beside her, Amar looked equally impressive in his tailored trousers and blazer, his broad shoulders emphasized by the fit, and his headboy tag gleaming proudly.