ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

Minai has never felt attached to someone before, because it was meaningless since they would all die.

Blood was dripping off of her clothing as her tall figure walked through the woods. She was no longer on one side, but rather just killing.

She could smell the blood and saw several corpses along the trail. Jeez.

Someone seemed determined. So far, she spotted four bodies.

She approached what looked like a female's body lying a few feet away from the bodies, and, as she saw from the armband, it was one of the medic's. She sighed and touched the body with her foot, turning it sideways.

Minai fell back in surprise and shock, her heart beating faster when she recognized the face.

Espen.

She was bleeding from a wound on her side and was pallid and pale. She shouldn't have looked like that.

Espen and Minai were never friends. They would often try to kill each other, but for Minai it's fun. She was probably the closest thing to a friend she could consider.

But why does her heart hurt when she sees her that way?

She thought Espen was dead, until she twitched, and suddenly started coughing.

"Espen!" She helped her sit up and held her body up against hers while she breathed in. "I thought you were dead!"

Espen pressed her hand against her side, grunting and asking in a wheezing voice, " Did the children and the injured get away? "

Minai remembered seeing them, so that must have been the reason why there were dead soldiers and why Espen was like this.

"They got away, yeah."

Espen managed to force a weak smile and she leaned her head against Minai's shoulder. "Good...I was worried about them... "

Minai could tell Espen was exhausted, so she wrapped her wound until she heard shouts in the distance.

"Fuck!" She scowled at the situation, and the only escape she could think of was to jump off a cliff into the cold water.

"You won't like this escape, but you aren't in the position to complain."

She scooped her up easily, and stepped over to the cliff while she stared downward at the water. "Get ready to hold your breath.

At this point, Espen did not care, she just wanted to sleep and be warm.

In the next minute, they plunged into ice cold water.
-----
This a short chapter, but I actually have a big majority of the story already planned out and written.

Basically, they've fought a lot and shit, but minai doesn't want Espen to die, even after trying to kill her a few times.

It's gonna be really gay