Chapter 2

§ Alison §

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I really didn't mean to interupt your little make-out session! Please forgive me!" the janitor mocked. He had a tinge of something I couldn't quite understand. Sarcasm? Bitterness? Jealousy? All Austin did was smirk. He didn't seem to realise that the corridors were silent and the bell had already rung for lessons.

"Now get out of the closet!" The janitor rambled.

"Are you sure about that Vick?" Austin said calmly, a small smile playing at his lips. "Are you really?" He had an aura of mystery about him that made him even more seducing. No wonder girls fell for him... But then again, I should know.

"You're blackmailing won't get you anywhere you scumbag." Vick murmured. He trudged out reluctantly cursing to himself.

I looked at Austin quizically not understanding anything between him and 'Vick'. He seemed to have noticed and laughed quietly.

"You won't understand, I run this town babe..." He pointed at the ground.

"Really?" I asked with fake eagerness. "Aww...Too bad 'cos I run this world" I whirled my finger around in a circle sticking out my bottom lip. I pushed him off me without any warning and he stumbled backwards helplessly. I walked out of the closet and into the deserted corridor. I turned my head over my shoulder and saw him walk out smiling.

"You're so stubborn," He called out to me.

"And you're so infuriating,"

"I love that in a girl"

"I hate that in a guy." For some odd reason I walked to class with a smile on my face.

***

I stood by the door, my hand on the handle. I took a deep breath and put on a brave face. Being late to a geography lesson with Mr Hunter is the last thing a normal Brooke High student would do. But I wasn't a normal Brooke High student. I open the door carelessly and entered the classroom.

All eyes were on me that it was actually quite unnerving. Mr Hunter glared at me over his thin rimmed glasses and motioned with his eyes to sit down. I smiled back sweetly and slid into my seat. Everyone seemed to be doing about five pages of questions so I just got out my books and did what everyone else was doing. I felt the presence of someone next to me. Just before I looked up the presence disappeared. Instead, on the corner of my desk I found a small green slip.

DETENTION. Damn.

♣ Austin ♣

I straightened my jacket and smiled to myself. What was it about her? Why wouldn't she just stop being so defensive? There was something about her that made me feel so... So... Unexplainable. Was it the way she walked or the way her hair smelt? Her amazing smile made me mesmerized and her elegance was just too good to be true. 

I walked down the hallways to the history room completely at ease. It didn't really matter if I was late, all the teachers were scared of me. Well my father to be exact. I reached the door and swung it open. Straight away the heads of about fifteen girls turned towards me gleaming seductively. I noticed a girl adjust her hair and push up her bra revealing an enormous amount of cleavage. I smiled sweetly back at her just to make her day. Soon enough this smile shared between us would reach nearly every girl in school. I walked in graciously past the cleavage girl and slumped into my seat. On the way, I got the usual crumpled pieces of paper with phone numbers scrawled on.

"Is this what you call arriving on time?" I hadn't noticed the new teacher sitting at the desk. Looked like Mr. Lambwright was on holiday. I smirked right back at the new teacher. She looked like an old hag complete with warts and all. I feel sorry for the guy who was eternally married to her - if she was even married that is...