Adieu

Me and Balthazar rode to where Romeo was, I assumed that Romeo knew of our plan. But what happened later, my assumptions were wrong. We rode together no questions asked, pure silence. When we got outside of the crypt, we got off our horses, Romeo walked to his servant.

"Balthazar, thou art a good man, so young, so courageous, becoming wise beyond thou years."

Romeo placed his hand on the back of Balthazar's head.

"Thy served us all well, Adieu my friend. Go back home, make haste."

Balthazar got back on his horse and rode back to the Montague house.

"Eglantine...oh my sweet Egg."

"Romeo, what is this you talk of?" I asked.

"Thine goodbyes. I only known of thy existence a week the very least, from a traveling swordsmaid to a sister."

He placed his hand on my cheek.

"Egg...I'll never forget you."

"Romeo...why tis that you speak like we'll never speak again?"

"I believe you know Egg."

I gave him a big hug.

"We'll see each other again Romeo."

"We will...soon...maybe very soon."

"Romeo, I quiver with worry for thou."

He smiled warmly as we let go.

"Thy mustn't worry for me, you live your life with Benvolio and the rest of my family, thou new family. I always knew you were with Montague since we first met."

"Thou'll be back here soon enough, I dreamt of rejoice and forgiveness Romeo."

Romeo was speechless for a few seconds but a horse rode towards us, a new face to me.

"Count Paris," Romeo said.

Count Paris got down from his horse.

"Romeo, thou art exiled!"

"We'll just be a moment," I said.

He turned to me.

"If it isn't the swordsmaiden whom resides here in Verona from Venice, I think you should go back to where you came from."

"You dare underestimate me?"

Count Paris smirked, I unsheathed my sword.

"Eglantine!" Romeo said.

"Romeo, go forth down there, I've got a matter to attend to."

"But Egg-"

"Romeo please...go forth to Juliet, go to your lady!"

He hesitated but he ran in. Count Paris unsheathes his sword and chuckled.

"I don't care if thou a woman, you will be cut like meat. I am blood to the prince."

"Is that so Count?"

"Don't worry, thine intentions is to build up fear inside you so you won't show your face here again."

"I am of marriage to a Montague, Verona is my home!"

We started clanging swords.