16. family dinner

-

◜                                                  ◝16

◜ ◝
16. family dinner
◟ ◞

˖⁺ 🕷⋆ ୭ ⛓ .⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

TWITCH.TV/LORELAI !
21:50

"HELLO, CHAT!" LORELAI, Felix, and Marzia all exclaim as they wave at the camera set up in front of their dining room table.

Lorelai and Marzia break into giggles while Felix just sits with a deadpan expression. Out of all of the things they had done before, a 'family dinner stream' was by far one of the weirdest. The idea was entirely Marzia's, who upon noticing that their family dinners were always exceedingly funny, had proposed the idea that her husband and close friend make content out of it. It had taken about a week to set up— the technical aspect of it had to be figured out, they needed things to talk about, the food had to be prepared— but here they are, laughing at the camera while thousands of viewers watch.

"You two, shh," Felix jokes, fixing the camera with a faux annoyed look. "Rory, explain what is happening."

"Okay," she says, "so, what's happening is that we're having dinner! We're having family dinner on stream for content because-"

"She ran out of ideas," Felix cuts in.

Marzia reaches behind Lorelai's chair and lightly slaps Felix's shoulder. He leans back and glares at Marzia who smiles innocently.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't," Lorelai laughs. "But also, if you struggle with eating and stuff, you can eat with us! It's nice and wholesome and helpful. Plus, Felix is uploading the video of us cooking on his channel in, like, two days I think, so it's double the content."

"Whenever Sive finishes editing the footage it'll be up," Felix shrugs. "Sive better be editing right now. Anyways, Marzia, would you like to present the food?"

Marzia nods, reaching forward to grab the first bowl on the table. "Okay, so, we decided to mash all of our cultures together, so we have kartofler, which is Danish-style potatoes, as our first dish. Then we have pappardelle bolognese as our second dish, with homemade noodles, of course, and finally prinsesstårta, which is Swedish cake, and it's for dessert."

"Our water's from Britain," Felix adds in. "Gotta get in that British culture bullshit."

Marzia rolls her eyes at the camera. "Felix, just start giving us food already."

Felix looks offended but nods nonetheless, grabbing the plates sat off camera and beginning to shovel kartofler on them. Marzia and Lorelai spent that time talking to Lorelai's chat and laughing at Felix, who seemed peeved at being forced to do the manual labor. At one point Lorelai took a photo of her stream set up (the camera, the mics, the chat sitting on her laptop, and just the general mess that was out of frame), sending it to her Instagram story with a wink to her chat. Five minutes of Felix's complaints later, they were dished up and ready to start entertaining the stream.