Alex

It's been five years whole since and yet I could not imagine a more awkward situation than dinner with the Foxgloves. At least Don made an effort. Occasionally asking an awkward question or two didn't help as much as he thought it did, but he didn't know that. He doesn't have to. Penelope just sat there and twirled her fork over and over again in her spaghetti, giving me the occasional hair flip or a glare when she thought I wasn't looking.. As soon as I managed to finish my dinner, which for the record actually tasted kinda nice, I tucked in my chair. It seemed like the smallest squeak of the chair would send these two into fits of panic. Living with the twins was always chaotic and loud, this peaceful suburban life I forced myself into seemed too quiet for comfort. In short, I left dinner as soon as I could.                                                                         I still couldn't get used to the  smell of lavender and licorice draped on the curtains and lining the bed. Rich people just smell weird. I decided that if this was to be my home for as long as required, it needed to look like it. I started with marking my territory. I grasped an obnoxiously large marker from my bag and wrote:'Alex lives here. Fuck off.' in small writing in the corner of my door, small enough so Don wouldn't notice. Big enough so Penelope would. It felt good. Then I opened my small clipboard with all my drawings in them, spreading them across the bed. I pinned them individually on the walls across the room. It made my usually bulky folder look oddly bare, but at least this place was looking more like I existed. Which for the record is to bright for it not to blind you.                                                                                                                                       "What have you done to the place?"  Penelope rolled her eyes and stood cross-armed by the door. Shit sucks when you forget to lock your door. "Oh and I say your message, and no, I will not fuck off."                                                                                                                                                                              This time I rolled my eyes and glared at her. "Who allowed your ass in here?" I sneered in here direction. I'd say our relationship was not yet completely intolerable. "Um, I live here,  and I came to tell you that yes, you will be coming to shithole high with me tomorrow. That is if I'm not invading your privacy by delivering this info. Have fun." She flipped her hair and left, my mouth resisting the temptation to yell at her. I needed to find Prince somehow.