You Good Solace?

Nico sat in an awkward silence between him and Will. Will seemed to be trying to decipher what Jason had said. Nico sat trying to not be very obvious as he watches Will, not in a creepy way though watching someone without their knowledge is a little creepy. 

The door of the infirmary opened again reviling Will's half-sister Kayla. She whispered something to Will before walking over to Nico's bedside.

"I hope Will is taking good care of you in here," Kayla said, it was either an attempt to be friendly or she actually meant what she said, maybe both, "Here you are Mr. di Angelo," Kayla said with enthusiasm, setting down the plate filled with food. 

Nico didn't know why she was being nice to him. He was to son of Hades; he was bad luck. Maybe he had spent too much time in Camp Jupiter, maybe he was being a little insane, who knows? 

Will walked over to Nico just as he was looking at the plate of food Kayla had brought him, it had small snacks, such as chips, popcorn, and vegetables, as well as a sandwich.

"You gonna eat?" Will asked looking at the plate, "You really need to eat more, and healthier."

"Yeah, I'll eat," Nico replied not looking up, his voice distant, in thought. He still couldn't tell why Kayla was so nice to him. He was pulled out of his thoughts when a warm sensation rippled through him. Will was hold Nico's hand, absently look at a clipboard. 

"Hey? Um, why?" Nico asked holding up his hand that Will was holding.

"Oh, sorry. Medical proposes," Will said turning his gaze back to the clipboard.

"What 'medical proposes'?"

"Sensing the darkness in you or whatever it's called," Will replied simply though Nico could see the blush on the doctor's cheek.

"Okay then," Nico said feeling blush rise to his own.

The door opened and Percy walked into the infirmary. He had a smirk on his face as if he knew something neither Will nor Nico knew.

"Hey! Oh sorry, am I interrupting something?" He asked with fake guilt.

"No," Will said just as absently as he had spoken to Nico previously. What was up with him? Nico thought. The blush on Will's cheeks had flooded away the second the door had opened. 

"Well sorry," Percy said ignoring Will. He walked over to Nico's bedside and began talking, Nico fought the urge to punch him in the face at least 20 times, maybe more. They talked until sundown when Percy said he had to go.

"See y'all later!!" Percy said in a terrible southern accent as he walked away.

Nico waited until the door was shut and Percy was a few feet away. Once such had happened, he asks, "Will? Are you okay?" Normally Nico would have never done such a thing, human interaction made him nervous, he'd lost the ability to have a normal conversation after Bianca's death.

"Fine," Will replied.

"Solace, I'm not dumb, I can tell somethin's wrong," Nico said slightly frustrated.

"Okay then, I'm not fine. Why do you even care though?" Will snapped.

Nico breathed deeply and counted to ten, trying to calm down as to not explode on Will and ruin a good potential friendship, "I was just asking, you seemed off."

"Well, you asked, I'm gonna go get another Apollo kid in here, I've been here for just about a day and a half," Will said making his way to the door.

"Solace! Wait!" Nico hollered losing control of his thoughts, "I-" Nico cut himself off, he didn't know what he had planned to say but he knew it was stupid, "I'm sorry," he wasn't sure it was the best option, but it was probably better than what he had planned to say.

"Thanks, I'm sorry too," Will said.

"Why are you sorry?" Nico asked

"Why are you sorry?" Will retorted

"Touché Solace, touché," Nico said. Will laughed and walked away from the door. Was he gonna stay? Nico thought slightly happy. Will's laugh filled the room with beautiful sound. Maybe Nico had helped him? Maybe Will had been hesitant to leave and Nico just helped him realize he didn't want to, that was probably just wishful thinking on Nico's part, but could it be true?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Sorry for the terrible writing, I can't really do any better so deal with! (Or don't and leave) Thanks for reading! I wasn't really sure where I wanted this chapter to go so I just winged it, I hope you enjoyed!

-Me!! (Who else did you think it'd be?) ^_^