Chapter 7

**The city of Yavoeila**

"Well, oops. I'm really sorry for enhancing the bots'. I didn't expect you to fail, that's all. And everyone makes mistakes." Janina apologized as she stopped writing on her scoresheet and glanced at me.

Training today ended up pretty badly. I had my legs and face injured while playing laser tag. I ran too fast while watching my back that I didn't notice I was about to slam to my opponent. Of course I fell and not him because it was a bot. Worst part there was that the floor I had fallen to was sand and not the regular tiles. It's not just my fault though, Janina's too, because she upgraded the bots to level 7 while I was only level 5. She said I was good anyway, but look at what happened.

I replied with a huff and an I-forgive-you face. I'm not so harsh on people who make mistakes to me anyway.

"Don't worry this won't happen again." She tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear before going back to the scoresheet. "I'll be extra careful on programming the bots' levels next time. Anyway, you'll get suspended for today's training instead and you can start training tomorrow by 9am instead of 7."

My eyes bulged to what she said. I can't believe I'll still go training tomorrow! I'm not even healed yet and I can barely walk. I'll only worsen my health if I still train tomorrow.

"But----" I started to protest but she cut me off.

"No buts. Rules are rules. Any trainee isn't allowed to be absent even for a single day, unless he or she falls into a comma and dies. Stop worrying, okay? You'll be fine, trust me. I'm your coach and I know everything here." She smiled and waved me away. "You're dismissed."

Uh, what the hell? She's leaving me like this? Won't she even bother helping me to my dorm or at least call for assistance?

I sighed in annoyance and decided to help myself. I rolled the wheels of my wheelchair and went to the clinic on the first floor. Ah, thank the heavens they have an elevator exclusively for disabled and authorized persons only.

**************

I reached the clinic (finally) and surprisingly saw Agnes there too. She was slouched against the wall, elbows were wrapped with a white cloth, and left leg being cleaned as it seems like by the campus nurse. As soon as she saw me, she immediately waved at me with a stoic grin. I smiled at her to show a little joy and gave her a look that said, "What happened with you?"

She was about to answer but the nurse moved first. She let me sit on a sofa and not just a long wooden chair where Agnes was seated. Agnes glared at me and I sticked my tongue out at her. The nurse hurriedly cleansed her wound on the leg and proceeded to treating my, what Agnes had called, "booboos".

Agnes and I were parallel to each other so we chatted happily in a bit loud voice even if we were so hurt physically. I learned that Agnes was here too because she failed tracking the "terrorist" in her mission and the "terrorist" accidentally shot her with several metal pellets.

This feeling right now, the feeling of talking with the best person here smoothly even if we were not feeling well, enjoying each other's presence, was finger-lickin' good (i know, it doesn't sound right but I've never used that phrase anymore). We both feel really comfortable with each other in just a matter of like, one month! I've never felt this way with the Krenoviantz. Well, yeah, I feel okay and safe with them and all, but it took us a couple and a half years and a life and death situation before realizing the purpose of our meeting and that we were a family. I don't know, but the feeling with Agnes is different. She really is the best friend to me.

I was interrupted from my thoughts when suddenly the nurse spoke. "I'll call some trained seniors to bring you guys back to your dorms and assist you. They'll sleep with you until tomorrow in your rooms." She typed things on her laptop and tapped things on her watch. "Just a minute and they'll be here."