Chapter two

"You are a failure. Sloppy. A disgrace. Natalia, show Alyona the proper way to assassinate a target." Stepping forward, Natalia Alianovna Romanova assumed a fighting stance in front of Alyona. Readying herself, she swiftly and gracefully swept the girl's feet beneath her and pinned her to the ground. In one quick motion, Natalia grabbed hold of the girl's head and quickly turned it with as much force as she could. The only sound in the room was that of Alyona's neck bones breaking. Standing up, Natalia turned and quickly stepped back in her place amidst the class. "Well done, Natalia. I expect each and every one of you to kill somebody with as much efficiency as your sister just did. Now, I have a special reward for you, Natalia. Come forward!" With a mask of cold indifference, Natalia confidently stepped out of line. "Your reward is the honor of having the chance to kill a very special group of people. Bring them forward!" In front of the room, two big double doors opened and revealed five prisoners; each with a bag over their head. One by one, the bags came off and revealed the faces of the group. First was Tony Stark followed by Steve Rogers, then Thor Odinson, Bruce Banner, and finally Clint Barton. "Kill them, Natalia! Make sure to make it as painful as you can."

Gasping, Natasha sat up in bed covered in a thick layer of sweat. Still shaking, she went to the bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror before tying her hair back so it no longer stuck to the back of her neck. Looking back at Natasha was not really Natasha, but a shell of herself. Her reflection had massive bags under her eyes and eyes so red, they could've been mistaken for Wanda's when she used her powers. Taking deep breaths, she turned on the cold tap and splashed water in her face. Looking over her shoulder at the bedside clock, she internally groaned as it was only 3:30 in the morning. Knowing she wasn't going to go back to bed, she threw on a tank-top and leggings before heading down to the training room to work off her nightmare. 

Stepping out of she elevator, she was welcomed by the cool rush of air. Already feeling somewhat refreshed, she let her mind go blank as she started destroying the punching bag. She was so engrossed in this that she didn't even hear Steve walk in and calmly observe her. "What did the poor punching bag do to you?" he jokingly said. Seeing that Natasha was so in her head that she didn't hear him, he made his way into her line of sight and stood there waiting to be acknowledged. After a few minutes of standing there, it seemed Natasha was starting to wear down slightly so Steve tried again. "You wanna talk about it?" Giving him a look, she went over to her bag and started drinking some water before replying, "Not really, Rogers." "Okay, then. Wanna spar?" Inside Natasha was secretly grateful for Steve because he generally knew when to push for answers and when to back off. Of course, she would never show that. Her exterior was always one of a stone cold blank expression, seemingly with no emotions whatsoever. Before they could even get to the mat, a new voice behind them said, "Fury wants us in the debriefing room, so stop making googly eyes at each other and get your asses over there so I don't get yelled at." Rolling their eyes at Stark's jab, the two grabbed a quick granola bar from the kitchen before heading over to SHIELD. 

As soon as Natasha and Steve walked in, Fury began his summary on the mission. In front of every avenger was a thin file containing all the mission's details. "We have recently been alerted of a possible magical being in the area." Clicking on the hologram screen, Fury pulled up a picture of a young girl in her early twenties. She had long, straight, dark brown hair and piercing grey eyes. Her skin was a light tan color and an athletic build. "This is Aria Artamova. She was Hydra but now lives in Manhattan and works as a personal trainer at Big Sky Gym. We don't have hard evidence of her using powers, but some strange things have been going on since she arrived here. All I want is for you to bring her in for some questioning. If she does fight, however, you will need to do it forcefully." Looking around the room, he saw Steve furrow his brows and ask, "What do you mean was Hydra? Did she run away? How do you know she isn't still working for them?" "We are 99% sure she does not work for them anymore. As far as we can see, she hasn't had any communication with anyone within the past 10 years. Just in case, though, I want her to be taken in for questioning. Is that clear?" Every avenger nodded their heads in agreement and started to open the file. "Keep in mind that not everyone is going. Only a few of you so we don't startle her. The rest of you will be close by as backup. You leave in five."

After the meeting, each avenger went to their respective floors to get their gear for the mission. On the elevator up, Natasha opened hers and quickly read the girl's file.

Name: Aria Maia Artamova

Family: Unknown, most likely deceased

Birthdate: April 7, 1987 (28)

Height: 5' 2"

Weight: 125 lbs

Eye color: Grey

Hair color: Dirty blonde

 Quickly gathering her things, Natasha headed down to the ground floor to meet up with Wanda in the garage. Seeing as Wanda wasn't yet old enough to drive, Natasha got behind the wheel and Wanda, the passenger seat. The drive over was quiet, but not uncomfortably so. Both were thinking over what to say to make this go smoothly. After about 15 minutes, they pulled into the parking lot of Big Sky Gym. Nodding, Natasha lead Wanda into the gym to locate Aria. 

xxxxx

A/N: So, I couldn't decide whether or not to make this chapter longer, but decided not to because I'm tired and should probably go to bed. As always, leave feedback!