Chapter 5: Interrogation

I was in some kind of state of shock when Derek said those words to me.

We've arrested your father!

Those words echoed in my head again and again.

"Liz!", I heard Derek shouting my name, "Liz, are you there? Is everything alright?"

But I simply sat down on the couch, running my fingers through my hair as I apathetically stared at the phone on the ground.

Robert quickly picked it up.

"What happened?", he asked anxiously, expecting the worst.

I uttered a sigh before I jumped up again and ran upstairs to get dressed.

Just a few seconds later, Robert appeared in the doorframe.

"Where are you going?", he asked although he already knew the answer, regarding my shivering hands, "Liz, don't..."

"I have to", I countered seriously as I put on my shoes and headed back downstairs, Robert following every step of me, "He's back. There has to be a reason..."

"Don't do that to yourself", he urged me and grabbed my arm, making me turn around to look at him, "What do you expect? Do you think he'll apologize for what he has done?"

I shrugged.

"I don't know", I answered honestly, "I just... I- I-... I don't know, Robert! All I know is that I have to go!"

Quickly, I moved away from him, put on my coat and exited the house.

"Liz!", Robert yelled after me, "Liz!"

But I simply ignored him and entered the car.

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes.

Everything was going to be alright again. He was arrested what meant he was going to prison. He'd be gone. Forever.

I sighed and eventually drove off, heading to the FBI headquarter.

Only twenty minutes later, I arrived at the HQ, quickly running upstairs towards Derek's and my office where the briefing had already started.

"Raymond "Red" Reddington", Derek introduced, "Better known as The Concierge of Crime or The Enforcer."

I gulped and sat down in the last row, listening closely.

"He was a former marine at the United States Army, said to become the youngest general in history but quit due to the birth of his daughter", Derek continued and I recognized how he raised his head to search for me, "He then worked as a lawyer in Boston until, fourteen years later, his house was set on fire, causing the death of his beloved wife. That night, he disappeared."

"Since then", I said and got up, making everyone raise their heads, "He's known for several homicides and probably the cause of some uncleared cases of murder."

Derek nodded slightly and I faked a weak smile for him.

"Agent Cooper, Shaw", a well known voice made me turn around immediately.

"Director Graham", Derek and I said in unison.

He showed us to follow him, leading us to the interrogation room.

"Cooper, this is your case", Graham said decisively, "You'll question him. Agent Shaw and I will be watching you from the surveillance room. Do you think you can do this?"

He nodded quickly.

"Yes, Sir", Derek agreed, grabbed the file and entered the room.

Director Graham and I, instead, entered the surveillance room, observing everything closely.