𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

ROOFTOPS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A SAFE SPACE FOR JISU

to be able to feel like you're on top of the world, to look across the far horizon and see the unblocked sunset. to stand over the ledge and realise how fragile human life is, that one step could end it all, happiness and suffering. school rooftops used to be jisu's constant hideout, a place where she always felt safe and alone. that was because not a lot of students went to the rooftop, so she usually had it all to herself.

it wasn't always like this. long ago, she shared this safe space with someone else.

"hey, i've been looking everywhere for you!" jisu cringed at the familiar voice yelling at her from across the roof, wondering when she can finally enjoy some peace and quiet. footsteps approach her from behind where she was sitting near the ledge. anyone who saw her would probably get the wrong idea, but she simply had a love for heights.

but seojun knew her all too well. out of the three boys, he was the second closest to jisu, besides seyeon, who would always take number one spot in her heart.

"here," finally turning to acknowledge the annoying presence behind her, jisu flails her arms just in time to catch a juice bottle thrown at her. it's her favourite flavour, lemon.

"how did you know i liked lemon?" a childish wave of elation washed over her as she sipped the refreshing juice, letting out a satisfactory 'ah' as the cool liquid slides down her throat. seojun watches on, smiling to himself at the girl's actions, mouthing under his breath 'cute'.

"i didn't. it's my favourite." he says as he plucks the drink out of her hands, taking a swig and smirking. never in a million years would he admit that he did that to get a reaction out of her, finding her pout and kicking feet adorable.

"just so you know, getting me a drink doesn't mean you're forgiven for what you pulled just now." seojun takes another gulp of the juice, raising an eyebrow in amusement at her words. being the overprotective one out of the 3 boys, he had embarrassed jisu in front of a senior who asked her out along the hallway. to be fair, jisu was going to reject him anyways, but it didn't have to be through seojun pulling her into his side and declaring that she was off limits. no wonder she was still single at 16.

"well, i didn't ask to be forgiven, did i?" now it was jisu's turn to roll her eyes, unable to find it in herself to be fully upset at the infuriating boy. she was soft like that, forgiving and a pushover most of the time.

"you're still a jerk, i see." seojun only laughs at her annoyance, proceeding to chug the rest of the drink and throw it into the bin. jisu's eyes widened at that, until he brandished another bottle and placed it on the ledge beside her.

"don't sit too close to the edge, princess, you might end up falling for me again." leaning down so his face is level to hers, jisu can see every freckle and beauty mark speckled like constellations across his skin. she had known seojun for a few years since middle school, and had only now realised how attractive he really was as a guy.