Author's Note

It all started with a glamping trip. My family had decided to stay down in a cabin for a few days, which seemed like a fun idea. However, the night we arrived; the power went out. It stayed out until the end of our trip, which meant I got a major disconnect from the world.

     The thing about me is that when I'm out in nature, I get GIGANTIC creative surges. And this camping trip put me out in nature, without devices to distract me, in the middle of a beautiful park.

     Over the course of our stay, I wrote a 3000< word oneshot that took place after the events of Departed. Even after we came home, the lingering inspiration stayed with me, and I began to write another oneshot that followed a similar format. The idea came that I should write five oneshots for each of the different ships and publish it while I was finishing up Prophecy. So, here I am.

     Disclaimer: you do not have to have read Departed in order for this story to make sense.

     The events of 'How I Met You' are chronologically after Departed takes place, so there will be references to the story. However, these can be enjoyed without going through my very long fanfiction. If you have any questions about a reference, I'd be happy to help answer those.

     As always, before we jump into the story, I have a few warnings.

     1. This book is not rated G. While there will not be any language or adult themes, there will be a bit of blood, death, and at some point the story will make references to/ be told by a pregnant woman. Most of it is just what I consider to be romantic fluff, but as you have probably figured out by now, I can't resist the angst. :-) Think of this as clean YA fanfiction.

     2. As I mentioned above, I am putting this out to give you all something to read while I finish up Prophecy. Prophecy is like Departed in that it's reeeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyy long and it is taking me a while to write. Thus, the updates for 'How I Met You' will be slowed significantly. I will publish one chapter every three weeks on Sunday and have posted the schedule below.

     That should be everything. Thank you all for choosing to read this story and I'll see you all in a few weeks with the first oneshot!

     #1 – April 4th, 2021

     #2 – April 25th, 2021

     #3 – May 16th, 2021

     #4 – June 6th, 2021

     #5 – June 27th, 2021