Chapter 1: Willow

You were running in your wolf form through the woods. You could hear laughter. The laughter that haunted your dreams every night.

"Run... Run... Little wolf... I'm with you always..." His voice seeped into your bones.

You ran and ran through the woods. The branches and brambles catching and scratching all down your body. You didn't care you had to get away. You wouldn't go back. You'd never go back. The tree line broke open and you were at the edge of a cliff. You couldn't slow down. There was no way. You knew you were going to fall.

Suddenly you jerked awake and you were laying in your bed in a cold sweat. You were breathing heavily trying to recover from the night terror that haunted your sleep from night to night. You finally grounded yourself into the reality that you were in your apartment safe.

Your roommate Sage was staying with her mate while the town where you lived was being stalked by an insane cult like pack that used to be yours. So you were probably just reacting to the stress of recent events with this night terror. You got up and walked tot the kitchen. You poured yourself some water and drank deeply. You pondered all the things you had to do today. It was just the record shop and the classes with the littles this afternoon. So not that busy of day. Sage would be coming with her mate and backup to come get you. You probably should stay with this new pack. You don't know what Malcolm the alpha and your brother would do if he found out you were alive.

You found yourself cleaning the apartment until it was time to get ready for the day. You couldn't go back to sleep because the fear of facing that dream again was too much. You readied yourself for the store. You left the apartment and walked down the street to the local cafe. You grabbed a coffee. Then you made your way to your record shop. You loved this place. Sage and her parents had helped you buy it and make it your own. It surprising did well in this little pocket of the world. Plus the dance classes that you give the kids in the area helped supplement the income.

You opened up the store and sat behind the counter. You read a book while you waited for customers. It wasn't until about noon when someone came in. Your body sensed the danger before your eyes did. You lifted your head to seek out what had alerted you. You saw two greasy looking men in the store roaming about. You smiled a plastic fake smile.

"Hey fellas! Can I help y'all with anything?" You asked cheerily.

Then you caught the distinct scent of shifter and your heart stilled. Shit. You kept your smile in place and friendly demeanor on. The two men exchanged smirks.

"Yeah doll face... You seen these two before..." one asked holding out a phone.

You looked down at the phone and immediately knew who they were. It was Ivy, a shifter girl who'd went missing awhile back. Rumors were that Malcolm had taken her and made her his. The thought disgusted you. You then saw a boy who could only be their son. You shook your head sadly and looked up at the men.

"I mean that girl went missing awhile back. She ran away or something? I think?" You offered.

"Yeah that seems to be the story everywhere." One of the men said.

"Sorry I couldn't be more help." You said smiling.

"Your fine doll. Thanks for your time." The other said as they left the shop.

You waited you knew they were completely gone and you let your body relax. You knew that the shop was being watched. You knew that everywhere was being watched. You didn't expect them to start talking to the locals. You needed to get to this new pack soon. Word would get around that you and Sage lived together. Sage was seen with the pack that might have Ivy.

You continued on with your day as normal. You wanted to make sure that if anyone was watching you looked like a completely average store owner and dance teacher. No one would think anything of you. You finished the last class of the day and said goodbye to the kiddos.

You flipped on the music and let it wash over you. Music and dance had always been your escape. You let the rhythm take over your body. You just let the movements flow from you like a current in a river. You lost yourself completely to it. You were so wrapped up in the world of music and movement you lost sense of time or place. There was no hurt or fear here. It was just peace. The song ended and you were breathing heavily. There was slight sound behind you. You jumped and looked to see what was there.

There was Sage and four men. They must be from the new pack. You went to Sage and pulled her to you. You hugged her tightly.

"I've missed you. I'm happy for you. I have been thinking about what you've said. I'm not sure about joining, but I want to help." You said softly.

"Just come meet them. Like for instance this is Yoongi, my mate and his friend Hoseok." Sage said gently motioning their direction.

You looked clearly at the men. You locked eyes with a beautiful man with a heart shaped mouth. His eyes were bright and deep. You felt it. It was impossible. He'd said... He'd taken it... The ability to feel this... The mating pull. You took a deep breath.

"It's nice to meet you both." You said calmly.

"Willow?" Sage said carefully.

She definitely knew that something was wrong. She knew you better than you knew yourself.

"I know. I'm fine. I feel it. I didn't think I'd be able to. I feel it." You said your eyes softening while looking at Hobi.

"You didn't think you'd be able to feel what exactly?" Hobi asked.

It wasn't unkind or rude. The question was genuine and full of concern. His eyes flashing the emotions he felt like a neon sign.

"The mating pull. I..." You began.

You didn't know how to tell your soulmate how broken you actually were. You were panicking inside.

"Willow had a run in with a witch some time ago. She was told she'd never be able to find her mate. That she was broken and would be incomplete forever." Sage said helping you.

"Jesus..." A man whispered from somewhere behind Sage's mate.

This brought your attention to him. You gave him a once over. He was handsome enough. You supposed. You had hard time trusting people and for good reason. You were definitely protective of Sage. She was your sister by bond. You'd move heaven and earth for her.

"So your Sage's mate?" You said.

"Yes. I have heard a lot about you, as well." Yoongi said extending a hand.

You took it and pulled him to you. He made a small sound of surprise. You gave him the hardest look you could.

"Hurt her... and I will kill you." You said low.

"Willow!" Sage said exasperated.

"Noted." Yoongi said taking his hand back.