13 her

Ep 13

Mino's POV

I purposely didn't tell anyone about coming back early. I only told Bobby at the very last minute and told him to keep it a secret.

I saw her chatting with her friends so happily. I like her face lighted up like that. She is the prettiest when she smiles so happily like that. She looked so lovely wearing an off-shoulder dress in pale blue colour. She styled her hair in a simple high ponytail.

I sighed. What is she looking so lovely for a party like this? She's making my heart skipped a beat.

"Heyy.. I didn't know you're back." Her face was delighted to see me.

My heart fluttered seeing her smile.

I led us to the dance floor when the DJ started playing some sentimental music.

We were standing so close to each other while dancing to the slow music. She giggled whenever I cracked some jokes while whispering to her ear. I told her a little bit about my work at Paris and she updated me a lil bit about her activities while I'm away. We didn't get to text much due to my overload work there.

Gosh... I had actually missed her so much though I'm not quite sure how she felt during my absence.

We were so engrossed talking and giggling to each other that I didn't notice someone is approaching Jisoo from the back.

"Excuse me, can I have my date back?" The male voice said.

Jisoo turned around while slowly breaking away from my embrace.

"Ohh Jinu, I was looking for you just now." Jisoo somehow sounded glad seeing him.

"Mino, he is my date for the party tonight. Jinu meet Mino here..." Jisoo said introducing me to the guy.

She stepped closer to him as if they are familiar to each other.

Her date... a guy... She came with a date...My brain was trying to process all these tiny bits of new infos.

I eyed them standing next to each other. They almost look like a couple with their matching baby blue coloured outfits. The guy was quite on the good looking side and he is wearing a blue coloured suit. He almost looked familiar to me.

"Mino, is that you? It's me Jinu." The guy said with a charming smile.

Jinu... It's Jinu. He is my senior during my college days. We haven't been able to contact each other for a while now.

"You guys knew each other?" Jisoo asked.

Jinu casually put his hand around Jisoo's shoulder giving me this sign as if they are going out. I could feel my heart sank a bit.

"Ohh heyy Jinu..." I replied while trying to keep a calm face.

Jinu and I were quite close. He is in my circle of friends since our study years.

"We should meet up with the others. Long time no see you man..." Jinu said while giving me a friendly hug.

We exchanged some simple pleasantries before I excused myself to join Bobby and the others.

***

The DJ changed the music back to something upbeat making the atmosphere became loud again. More people were hitting the dance floor this time. The whole club was blasted with some dance and techno music.

Meanwhile, Mino joined Bobby and Taehyun in the smoking area.

"What's up with you? I thought you quit smoking." Bobby asked smirking.

Mino lighted up his cigarettes ignoring the question with furrowed eyebrow.

Taehyun puffed out the smoke and sipped on the tequila.

"You look tense." Tae commented on Mino.

"I still smoke occasionally." Mino shortly replied while still keeping a serious face.

Bobby chuckled.

"This must be about Jisoo." He said.

"Told you man, she's a heartbreaker." He added.

"Didnt you see how she just casually ignore our confessions last time?" Bobby added again trying to prove his point.

"Nahh you're just butt hurt because you got rejected dude." Junhoe suddenly appeared interrupting their conversation from behind.

Bobby looked flustered and tried to deny his business partner's accusations.
"I told you my confession was just a closure...." Bobby replied while Junhoe kept on teasing him.

The two were laughing and teasing each other while continued sipping on their drinks.

Taehyun threw his cigarettes butt to the dustbin nearby and finished his drinks.

"That's the blind date guy I told you before." Tae said answering Mino's question in his mind.

Mino nodded. Tae and Jaewon did mention about this blind date guy, he remembered. He just didn't expect the blind date guy to be someone he knew like Jinu.

"They seem close." Mino replied.

"Jisoo's family made her go to some blind date from time to time." Tae explained.

"I don't think they are in relationship though." He added.

Mino let out a sigh. Taehyun stood up and tapped on Mino's shoulder lightly.

"Good luck man." Tae said before leaving them.