a/n: tw // blood , death , suicide , wow this got dark

cw // toxic gender stereotyping motherfucker

--

Elmo y/n and shrek were going on their first date. y/n decided to wear a very nice hoodie and pants because they look good in anything. Shrek wore a dress shirt and pants, he looked very hot. Elmo wore a tie. He preferred not to wear anything over his beautiful red fur, which had been lovingly brushed by shrek's delicate green hands.

The three of them decided to go to a fancy restaurant, which the very rich y/n decided to reserve under their name. y/n was the only exception to anyone who said eat the rich.

y/n smiled as they saw shrek and elmo walking hand in hand, feeling no jealousy. They trusted elmo and shrek greatly, being in love with them.

Elmo and shrek split and each took a hand of y/n, making her smile. She knew she was loved by these two.

They sat down at their table and ate very fancy foods.

Afterwards, shrek insisted on paying.

"No," y/n replied to his attempts, "i am paying because i have money to spare."

"Men are the ones who should pay for the meals of women," shrek snapped, and y/n felt elmo's grip on their hand tighten nervously.

y/n looked at shrek in disbelief.

"That's a stereotype. I am perfectly capable of paying for my own meal," they were growing angry, despite how calm they normally were.

"Oh really? With what money?" shrek couldn't help but prod them that way, and they immediately clapped back.

"With money that your broke ass doesn't have!" y/n yelled, startling everyone in the restaurant. The waitress approached with a hostile look, but it was clearly directed at shrek.

"Hello there," she addressed y/n. "Would you like the bill?" y/n smiled. Maybe they should date this nice lady instead of shrek.

"Yes, please," y/n was very happy about this nice waitress.

Elmo, however, was starting to grow in jealousy. He let go of y/n's hand as she paid the bill and handed it back.

stabby stabby

The waitress dropped dead to the floor, and y/n sobbed in horror.

"Elmo what have you done?!?!?111//1/1/" they shouted, and shrek smiled as he looked down at the woman.

"Elmo, i love you so much, run away with me." shrek grabbed elmo's bloody hands and held them in his own green ones, and elmo swooned.

"Of course, shrek," elmo responded. "I never loved y/n anyway."

y/n felt their heart break in two. The two people they loved most...leaving them...

Collapsing to the ground, y/n took the knife and plunged it into their own chest. Watching as the sun set in the distance and shrek and elmo ran off towards the horizon, leaving y/n to bleed out with their new friend. The colors of the sunset made the scene look like a painting, and y/n was happy that they died in such a beautiful scene.

With a final exhale, y/n was dead.

Shrek and elmo were never caught, but rumour had it that they were running from town to town, taking new lovers and leaving them in a trail of blood.

y/n's ghost would forever haunt them, miserably waiting for them to get the pain they deserved.

And that was how it ended.

The story of y/n, elmo, and shrek.