Chapter 13.

Katara got out of bed, and changed her sleeping clothes.

She was planning on going to the shores, see if she can meet Zuko there. It wasn't full moon outside but she felt like he was going to be there.

She sneaked out of the palace city without being noticed, then started running towards the shores.

Once she made it there, she saw the rocks she found Zuko behind, the first time she had been there.

And as she thought, there he was.

When he saw her running towards him, he got up, taking her in his strong arms.

They hugged for a few minutes, then laid on their backs, watching the skies together.

-I knew you would be here, Katara whispered softly.

-I came because I knew you would come, Zuko replied smiling.

It was feeling great, for them to be together, without anyone blaming them, or saying it's wrong.

And what if she is a Water Tribe girl? What if I'm the Fire Lord? Zuko thought.

In that moment, all he wanted was to be an ordinary teenager and do whatever his heart tells him to do. But he couldn't, because he was the Fire Lord, and the fire Lord does what the nobles say.

He was so frustrated, because there were several reasons for them not to be together. And he didn't even kiss her properly, to her dissapointment.

The truth was that both of them were so eager to kiss each other, but they were too frustrated to speak.

As they both stood there thinking, Katara could feel the sand trembling underneath her.

-Zuko, can you feel this? She asked.

-Feel what?

-Somebody's coming! She whisper-yelled.

Katara took a gold of Zuko's hand and dragged him behind the two rocks.

-Katara! Hey, come out, I know you're hiding there with Zuko.

And, that was Toph.

They both let out the breaths they had been holding, stepping out in the moonlight, but it wasn't like she could see them eighter way.

-You're an earthbender, Katara.

Silence hovered over them for a couple of seconds, then there came Katara's reaction.

-I AM WHAT?!

Then Zuko's.

-SHE IS WHAT?!

Toph bursted out into laughter, wrapping her arms around her belly.

The waterbender and the fire Lord were mesmerised.

Katara couldn't be an earthbender, she was a waterbender.

-She is, I swear. I know she could feel today your heart beating, because I could feel both of your hearts. And just now, she felt that I was coming. She is obviously an earthbender, Toph explained, looking through them. It's all about vibrations, earthbenders can feel them, others can't. It's like the waterbenders, you can freeze water, and Zuko can heat it, boil it.

-I can heat water, Katara said.

-Then you're the Avatar, Toph said.

Well, Zuko wasn't expecting this.

Of course, he wanted to know who is the incarnation of Avatar Aang, but he wasn't expecting it to be Katara. He knew he or she is from the Water Tribes, but could it be Katara?