Prologue

THIS IS THE FIRST EVER PART OF THE STORY!!! WE'RE FINALLY KICK-STARTING THE STORY!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY NOTIFICATIONS TO GO CRAZY AGAIN FROM COMMENTS AND VOTES AND YOU GUYS ADDING THIS STORY TO YOUR READING LIST(S)!!!

ENJOY!!!
✒️✒️✒️✒️✒️✒️✒️✒️✒️✒️✒️✒️

Annie's POV

  It was cold. Everything was so very cold. It was void and cold. So cold that I felt as though my bones were being frozen into ice.

  Everything was turning dark for me and a bright light was shining in front of me, beckoning me to go to it closer, to drown in it and to run away from the cold.

  I was floating in the voidness, I couldn't move closer to the light nor could I drown any further in the void. I was suspended midair.

  It was as though, God were deciding whether or not it was worth it for me to live or was it better for me to die.

  All was silent but the faint cries of a woman echoed in my ears. She felt near yet her cries were so far away...

  Was it because I was so deep in the void that I couldn't hear her? What's this feeling? Why is my chest clenching as if I want to cry and just be in her arms? Why do I want to be cradled in this unknown woman's arms?

  Why am I longing for this unknown woman? Who is she to me? What is she to me? What does she mean to me? Why do I long for her warmth?

  My eyes shot open, my body arched and I breathed in a harsh breath, bubbles spiralled away from my mouth soon as I took in that breath of air and I drowned further into the darkness.

  "You will remember soon," the familiar voice of my so-called guardian, Sakura, rang in my ears as I continued to drown in the void.

__________________________________

  "We lost too many teammates on the last floor," I complained to Aguero as we sat in the dining room of our temporary team house that he bought on the 29th floor.

  "She's right, you know, A.A," Ran added as he looked at Aguero with accusing eyes.

  Indeed, it was almost partly Aguero's fault for working the former teammates so hard that they eventually either quit or died in a battle.

  "What are we going to do now?" Novick asked as he looked at both Aguero and I.

  We were both team leaders. We came up with plans together and we roughed up the other teammates by training them together.

  On the 20th floor, they called us demons. It was only to be expected from a lightbearer and wavecontroller who were excellent at working together.

  "I already have a few people that I'm thinking of recruiting, you guys have nothing to worry about, Annie and I will be analyzing them tonight," Aguero assured the two other men before dismissing them with a flick of his wrist.

  Ran and Novick sighed as they left the dining room to go and train more in our private training grounds. I sighed tiredly before looking down and staring down at my clasped hands. Aguero looked at me whilst deep in thought. He was most probably thinking about who we were going to recruit next. Indeed, we did manage to collect a nice new list of regulars who were powerful enough to be on the team yet we still weren't sure yet on who was the much more needed type of member that we needed to recruit.

  "It's nearing six. We should probably get to cooking dinner," I said as soon as I noticed the time on the wall clock in the dining room. Aguero sighed as he nodded and decided to join me in the kitchen to help me out with chopping the veggies.