𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐨 | 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬

- Chapter Ten Pt. Two -

Seok and Hyun were walking down the hall when Hyeok approached them, Seok pulling his hood up facing away. Hyun noticing grabbed Seok's hand to pull them away as Hyeok tried catching up to them whispering to Seok.

"It's okay just remember what we both decided." They had a heavy discussion on what their reality was when Myeong left them alone. A sad realisation but the two would do it. As Hyeok finally got behind them Hyun snapped out calm yet bluntly.

"No."

Hyun tugging at Seok's hand to walk faster.

"I just want to talk-" Hyeok's sentence cut of by Hyun stating.

"I don't want to, nothing you said was ever good for me, for Seok either."

Hyeok stoped as he says Hyun's name not understanding the sudden reluctance but was cut off again by Hyun who pulled Seok behind him angrily speaking once more with Hyeok his eyes pitch-black now.

"I am not your hound anymore, I will also not stand by and let you play with Seok's emotions he deserves better. He deserves someone who knows what he's going through like m-, like not you." Hyun walked away now eyes back to normal thinking Seok would walk with him. Though Seok stood in place looking at Hyeok.

Hyeok wanted to take this chance not to just talk about the situation but also about him and Seok. Moving to grab Seok's hand gently but stopped when a door slammed open. Myeong walking out stopping next to Seok staring at Hyeok. Hyeok noticed Myeong had an annoying habit of popping up everywhere. So Hyeok chose this chance instead to ask Myeong something.

"Are you going to stay here?"

Myeong placed a hand on Seok's shoulder noticing Hyeok watch the small interaction before answering Hyeok's question.

"Probably. Not for long though. I'll leave soon." Myeong then moved to sit on the random chair that was there assuming he'd have a long conversation ahead of him. Noticing Seok still standing he tugged the hood off the teen's head liking him better without it and gestured if Seok wanted to sit instead. Though Seok shook his head no.

Yikyung joined them now asking Myeong multiple questions about where he'd been and about a research facility. Though Myeong told her she probably didn't want to hear about it. Though then Myeong turned to look up at Hyeok asking him a question.

"Aren't you going to report me?"

"I'm the sceptical type." Seok had hoped for such a response from Hyeok and was glad to hear it silently agreeing with Myeong's words he responded with.

"You're smart."

Seok looked down at Myeong interested when he spoke out again. "Ah, as an apology the people here I will tell you one thing. Do you know about the operation golden hour?" Seok not knowing either as he, Hyeok and Yikyung shared glances with each other.

"What is that?" Hyeok asked for the three of them.

"It's the military's final operation to solve the situation. I heard it from the officers." Myeong explained to the three before quoting an officer.

" 'If we can't distinguish between humans and monsters and if we can't predict when and what kind of monsters humans will become before the military completely loses its function. We will sweep as many areas as possible.' "

"No way," Yikyung spoke disagreeing with the very thought of it. Unsettled from the truth.

The military won't care who is who anymore. Seok taps his finger against bottom lip in thought. Why hadn't they done that, to begin with? What had really changed for them to change tactics like that.