•Chapter 11•

The first to speak was Asher.

  "Who the hell was that? And don't beat around the bush Sam."

They walked closer to me, watching me intently.

  "Umm... a friend?"

  "Are you asking us or telling us?"

  "Carsonhesjustafriendwithbenefits."

Asher threw his hands up in the air.

  "Oh wow. JuSt A FriEnd WitH BeNeFItS. What the hell!"

  "I mean, it's not like we have sex or anything."

  I looked at Liam. He hadn't said anything and I could see why, his face was red as a tomato. They're acting like they never had a friend with benefits. It's not like we have sex though. We just give each other head, you know?

  "Then how are you friends with benefits if you don't have sex? I don't understand, if another girl were to call one of us now, I think you would be on our ass right now."

  "Liam, I wouldn't be mad, it's not like we're together."

  As soon as I said that, I regretted it. The look on their faces was indescribable. What I said must have been a slap to the face to them.

  "I-I didn't mean it like that."

  They just nodded their heads and looked at me.

  "I don't think you understand, Sam. We've been so patient, so understanding, that you would think, 'Oh maybe I should be considerate about the guys because they've been waiting for their mate their entire lives.' But no, you stand here and say that it doesn't matter, that 'we're not together.' What kind of bullshit is that?" Liam said.

  I stood there and took in their words. Of course I knew where they were coming from. They explained it to me when I was at their mansion, it was not in them to wait, but they were doing it for me. But, that doesn't give them reason to be mad at me, I have a life outside of Mystic Falls and I'm pretty sure they have a life here that I don't know about. Friends, and past lovers.

  "But you probably have friends like that too! You probably have plenty. I get to have people in my life, it's not like I knew I had 'mates' I only knew about supernatural stuff because of you guys! Don't get mad at me! He's my best friend among other things and you're gonna have to respect that. I know I'll have to do something about Jung and our relationship, but you can't be mad about every aspect of my life that you don't like."

  I leaned my back against the island's countertop and sighed. We have a lot to go through, so many things to talk about. I get that for them it hurts to have your soulmate be 'intimate' with another person. But in my defense, how was I supposed to know! They've also been with people too.

  I crossed my arms and kissed my teeth.

  Carson sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

  "... I understand. Yes, I'm pretty sure that all three of us have had partners in the past, but that was years ago. We're almost 300 years old my love. Waiting for a mate that long can make anyone lonely and in need of love. Guys, I think we also need to think about the fact that she didn't even know anything about us or the supernatural world. And it's not like we weren't having a little hanky-panky back in the day."

  Liam then caved. I could see that he had thought about it. Rolling his eyes he sighed and pouted like a toddler. He was such a child.

  "I guess I could look past that. It's... it's just that, we're very territorial people. And as a vampire it makes it even worse. I don't like the thought of you being with a other man and this is very hypocritical because, I, myself have had multiple partners in the past. So... I guess what I'm saying is that, I really want us to work, so I'll try to look past everything I don't like. And of course, I'll be your favorite cause I'm a bad bitch."