•Chapter 31•

*Don't forget to vote! Enjoy!*

Gasping as I woke up, I ran my hands through my hair. There was nothing.

Looking down on my clothes, I saw that I was in my pajamas. Did that not happen?

"What did I tell you about going through that hallway?" Said a voice from across the room.

    Suddenly next to me, the moonlight lit up Liam's face, and I'll save you the surprise, he wasn't happy.

    That wasn't much of a surprise though.

   "You could have been hurt, what if Zair hadn't been there?" Sitting on the side of the bed, his eyes focused on my face.

  "Next time, if you want to go on a walk, take one of your guards with you."

   Getting up to exit the room, he turned back, "These are uncertain times, when we aren't here you could be in danger. I know you're somewhat invincible, but that doesn't mean you should get yourself in dangerous situations." He paused. "Get some rest, I'll check up on you in the morning." Closing the door, the room suddenly felt empty.

   Annoyed by his cold shoulder, I plopped my body down on the bed. Lying on my back, I covered my face with my arm. My mind couldn't help but wonder back to the images shown to me by the old lady.

The silhouette. Who was it? Liam? Carson? Maybe Asher.

   What was the meaning of everything?

Frustrated with these thoughts, I entered a deep sleep, oblivious of what could become.

                             ——

   Liam did check up on me, but left shortly after scolding me some more. When did he become so serious. I mean I get it, there's a war. But it's not like I can't handle myself now.

     "Today, we have a few things on the list to do, you have a meeting with some citizens who have requested your presence, then you have your scheduled training."

    Ushered into a grand room, gold trimmings twinkled across every surface, the sun illuminating the room. Standing in a row before the thrones, three women waited.

    Sitting down in my throne set next to Asher and Liam's seats, I sipped on my apple juice in my golden chalice.

    "How can I be of service today?" I said, placing the chalice on the floating cup holder.

                             ——

     Finishing up the meeting, I was led towards my chambers. Going through a selection of my training gear, the front door barged open.

    Turning my head to see who it was, a suspicious maid walked in. Sensing the murderous aura around her, I calmly went back to what I was doing.

   As she slowly approached me, I channeled my blood dagger.

When she lunged for me, I grabbed her by the throat, slamming her down on my marble tiles. Plunging the dagger into her chest, dark brown blood splattered on my face.

Watching as the body began to fade away into ash, I wiped my face with a rag.

Walking out the room with my dagger in hand, I closed the door softly not raise suspicion.

  Maxus and Zair did warn me about a practice run of an invasion.

   Pulling my braids into a ponytail, I walked down the hall to Maxus's study where he spends most of his time.