[ 2 ] • dandelions

I went over and sat on George's bed. It was soft and fluffy. It has a spring board so it was bouncy. I looked at him,

"Should we go outside or something?"

"Yeah sure, my room was getting stuffy anyway."

"Oh I didn't notice, I actually really like it, it's pretty"

"Oh? Thanks!"
"Should we go to Shoretown?"

"Uh sure? I haven really been this northeast before so it's a bit new"

"Oh. We should walk around and get you used to this place"

"Ok I guess"

We walked down the stairs and out the castle. It was still very early maybe 10am? It was a blue sky today usually it's cloudy here in England.

"Are we going to take the horses?"

"Oh I can't ride, yeah sorta embarrassing"

"I can teach you!"

"Oh? Ok that sounds more fun than going into town

"Yeah I think so too"

I gestured for him to follow me into the stables and pick a horse. I picked a dark brown one with black looking eyes and a braided mane. George picked a sandy colored horse with a shaved mane. We got tacked up and put saddle on and then went out into the arena, a sandy gravel texture with splotches of grass and flowers.

I threw my leg over and sat on the horse. I grabbed the reins and looked over a George who had barely managed to get on his horse.

"Ok, so the general commands are, to walk just say walk or give a small kick. To trot say the word and make a click with your tounge. To canter you have to say it and kick with your outside leg, aka your right one."

"Ok.. I won't remember all that"

"That's alright, we are just getting started"

"Ok so walk your horse around in circles or patterns whatever you want"

We started walking them around until George had gotten pretty confident. I did this really complicated maneuver to open the gate since we decided to put them away.

We got off and untacked the horses and put them away.

"Well it's getting to dusk what should we do now?"

"I could keep showing you around?"

"Alright that sounds good"

we walked out of the barn and took in the deep blue the sky was showing us.

"OH! I have the best spot come on"

George grabbed my hand startling me,
he ran with my hand, me following and catching up.

Notes:
i just choked on a pea lol

-ghost they/them