[1] Platonic

Your favorite thing to do is to walk. Your mind often filled up with thoughts that you couldn't keep up with, going for a walk late at night let your thoughts drift on as you continued walking losing track of time. The gentle autumn breeze rustled the branches as the crickets begin to come out. The vivid reds and yellows only seen in the light of the streetlamps. The lingering sent of rain as you walked through the empty streets. An occasional bike rider or student pass by but they all have somewhere to be, people to see. Whether it's to blow some time loitering around with friends or to meet a loved one.

That's how it usually went.

Today you weren't alone on your regular walk. When ever you'd turn to your right there would be a red haired student looking the other way. He was as clear as glass.

"Oi, Mikoshiba. Is something wrong?" you asked waving a hand in front of his face.

"N-No! Not at all what are you talking about!" he turned to meet your gaze but quickly turns away.

There he goes again...

"You were the one who suggested we walk together," you chuckled, "I was looking forward to it but you're not talking at all."

Nozaki had asked you earlier in the day at school to help out with backgrounds since Hori was busy that week. You didn't mind so you agreed, as long as he made the food. Today you and Mikoshiba had to stay later to make the deadline. He confidently stated how it was his job to "escort a lady home", and then proceeded to sulk. When you said yes he went on about how "it's dangerous to walk alone at this hour especially for a cute girl like you!", and then, of course, he proceeded to sulk.

"[l/n] I-..." he began. He seemed to think for a second before slouching forward, defeated.

You stepped closer until his pace slowed and he stared at you. You breathed in the sent of the autumn leaves and smiled, grabbing his hand and tugging softly.

"I shouldn't have said that, it's probably uncomfortable for you to talk isn't it?" you mused, "In that case, this will do."

His hand was slightly sweaty, but warm and smooth. A pleasant feeling spreads inside of you and a smile stretches across your face. As the two of you only with the sound of soft footsteps on paved ground and the rustling leaves. That was all that was needed and as he slowly locks his fingers tighter with your own you feel your heart jump.

This isn't very bad at all.