[4] Clouds

There was a lot that was left unsaid. Most people found that unsettling, it's only natural to be curious as humans after all. You didn't really mind not knowing who that girl in your class liked or what your teacher was doing with all those coffee cups but, it was a different story with certain red-haired teenagers.

You felt the need to absorb everything like that towel in the TV ad that claims to be able to wipe all the water away from a surface in one wipe (of course you knew well that it was all complete nonsense). The way his eyes would twitch and his face would turn red when you complimented him. The way he would be so enthusiastic about giving compliments back to receive more compliments. The way his lips would curl up slowly. The way everything he said made the cold weather insufferably hot.

It was frustrating. It was beautiful.

"Kashima?" you asked. You were helping the drama club set up their stage, which basically meant carrying boxes around until your arms felt sore.

"Yes [l/n]-chan?" she panted. The two of you had been carrying boxes around and running all around the school for nearly an hour.

"I like Mikoshiba," you stated.

"EHH?!" she jumped up. Her boxes fell to ground with a loud thump as if they were infested with parasites.

"I'm sorry it just seemed like an appropriate thing to say!" you exclaimed nervously.

Kashima sighed and picked up the boxes, a smile spreading across her face. For a short moment there was only the distant mumble of conversations between students and teachers and the rustle of the cold air against the leaves. She seemed to come to an understanding.

"I was just a bit startled," she giggled lightheartedly. She walked forward, a sign to follow. "It wasn't like I wasn't expecting it. He isn't exactly the discrete type when it comes to his feelings is he?"

The conversations that were previously background noise became more evident as you neared the drama club's room.

"Well...Are you gonna tell him? Do you need me t-"

You shook your head. "Don't need to, he can be an idiot but I think he knows."

"Alright,"

It seemed like your relationship with Mikoshiba was built with, well, a lot left unsaid. There was something very assuring about that, just enjoying each other's company, a feeling of closeness and small talk.