6

Yes. No hesitations, you were going.

"I wouldn't be a distraction to you, will I?" You asked as you released your hands from his and rubbed your palm. You regretted taking your hands off him as you craved the warmth of his touch again.

"Of course not! You'll be like ... " Zacharie tilted his head slightly, tapping the grin chiseled into his mask as if deep in deep thought.
"My assistant!"

You choked back countless screams at the word 'my' and averted your gaze from him. He was rather quick to label you as something of his, don't you think?

"Yes ... Your assistant," you mumbled, wishing that someone could enter the store and rescue you from this embarrassing situation.

"Hmmm? You do not seem too thrilled with your position. Were you looking for something more..." he lowered his voice and leaned slightly forward, capturing your eyes and attention? "More intimate?"

You shook your head, your whole face steaming now. It was internal, but you could feel yourself quake on the inside.

Zacharie laughed, highly amused at your reaction. You buried your face in your hands and rubbed your head to block him from seeing how flushed you looked. But to no avail, Zacharie started laughing even louder. Of course he was the type of person to tease you like that, he seemed to have a lot of enjoyment doing so.

"Do you usually do this with all of your customers?" you groaned at him, a flustered and annoyed expression painting your face.

Zacharie's laughter died down. You just know he still had an amused grin on behind his mask. You could feel it.

"Let's just go," you growled, trudging to the door.

"Por supuesto, my faithful assistant!" He chuckled and followed behind you.

You just hoped that you wouldn't embarrass yourself. You would never admit it, but you enjoyed the whole ordeal with Zacharie. As he excused himself, taking the lead, you felt your heart screaming.

You can't deny it anymore, you were totally smitten.

The Batter walked through the dormitories, passing by a couple of Elsen. He had just finished crossing the tedious halls that were filled with specters.

Sometimes, it was best to  leave a few out.

There were reminders everywhere, constantly assuring the readers that there weren't any Specters near them.

'Clearly they were mistaken,' thought the Batter.

He entered the room that stood there at the end of the passage, and found there only Zacharie, the merchant, standing there with his arms behind his back and wearing a cat mask.

This was new to the Batter. Behind the merchant stood another human, their head peeking out from behind Zacharie.

He took no notice of the new figure and walked towards Zacharie, letting Alpha and Omega trail behind him.

"Good day, dear reckless accomplice! I've somewhat changed anatomically speaking...but you have obviously recognized me at first glance! I am your friend, The Judge!" he spoke enthusiastically.