Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

"Get back to work!" One of the slave masters (for lack of a better word to describe them) yelled slapping the girl next to me. Normally I would have flinched and asked if she was ok but I had been here 2 shorts weeks and I already knew better. I glanced up for a split second looking at the men responsible for this whole thing.

There they were just standing there watching us. It sickened me that they had down this to so many people.

I kept my head down to keep from being caught and kept my eyes glued to the 4 men on the peer.

'Collapse, collapse.' I thought to myself willing the peer to just disappear beneath them taking them down with itself.

I stared into the man who seemed to run this whole scam. He was tall and had black hair to my surprise he almost looked Italian with a hint of Thai to him. I kept my glare towards him going as I moved my hands sorting the prawns from fish.

Yeah your probably thinking prawns?? Yeah apparently in Thailand there was a big market for prawns to be exported out to the world and slavery was better than paid labour.

I listened into girls on my first week talking about if you were pretty enough or was willing to give yourself away they might make you a slave to the guys who run this scam you could be there slave instead of working hard and long days. That wasn't an option to me.

I looked up to the 'leader' and glared hard at him in disgust as he laughed about something.

"Get back to work!" One of the slave masters yelled to a girl. I quickly put my head down hoping they hadn't spot me.

'Slap'

He hit me across the face. As I fell backwards from the impact I had not expected he grabbed my shirt pulling me up by the collar.

"Fuck" I murmured getting to my feet. This was not my part of my plan. If they noticed me they would notice me missing if I escaped and I had no idea how far from the city I really was.

I tried to pull myself from his grip but as I thought he had my shirt tight in his grasp. I closed my eyes praying that he wasn't taking me somewhere out of sight. Blood curdling screams ran through my mind as I remembered the screams of girls being abused and automatically shut the thoughts out.

I opened my eyes I felt fingers lifting my head to face them. I looked up to see his face. The 'leaders' face. His almost black eyes bored into mine with a smirk plastered on his face.

I inhaled a shaky breath is I looked up into the black pools instantly wishing I hadn't. They were a midnight black but emotionless.

"Thankyou Mac you may leave." He said staring into my eyes and waving dismissively to the man who dragged me here.

His voice was haunting but full of authority and smooth. I tried to hold myself and seem in control and unfazed which I was before he leaned forward his lips touching mine whispering. "Now, what's a pretty girl like you doing here." He paused snaking and arm around my waist pulling me closer making me shudder before finishing. "When you could be used for so many more interesting things." He said emphasising 'interesting'. I closed my eyes turning my head away slightly feeling uncomfortable and sickened.

Most people would feel scared or terrified even. Not me, I knew being calm collected strong and unfazed would pay off and show them that I meant business.

I felt his hand on my chin pulling my head to face again towards him. His hands were rough and strong.

I was reluctant to open my eyes until I felt his eyes on me.