Tea and the Teddy Bear

Author's note(s):

*Iyla- pronounced (I-la). It means 'moonlight'.

*Chotu – pronounced (Cho-two)- an Indian nick name meaning 'small'

Well I can see that this story clearly has not had many readers. In response to that:

Come on people!! Give it a try! You can't judge a book by it's cover!! So come on, give it a read, and maybe you'll feel like commenting and voting too!

~|-x-|~

"Are you sure you'll be all right?"

Komal turned and looked at her sister. It was 5 days post surgery and she was finally returning home. Her sister had picked her up from the hospital earlier that morning along with her her other stuff. Komal was relieved to be home. It gave her a sense that everything was going to be all right, that she could return to normalcy.

"I'm sure I will be, you don't have to worry."

"Call me if you need anything. You don't have to think twice." Iyla assessed her sister's face. It was going to take time to adjust to the color change of her sister's eyes. She had always secretly envied her sister's blue eyes. Relatives would always go on and on about how beautiful and exotic they looked on her. The new ones made her look more related to herself.

"Thanks but I think I'll be ok. You head on to work."

"Work." Iyla rolled her eyes and slumped back in the driver's seat. "There' just nothing going on in the city nowadays! The most action I've seen all week is that empty bus falling off the flyover. An empty bus. No one wants to read an article about how the bus driver realized the break failure and evacuated everyone including himself off it! They want blood and gore, a story never runs on happiness and a 0% death rate. Glad that it was in your case though," she added hastily, taking in the freshly healing wounds on her sister's face.

Komal smiled at her sister. She was not as apathetic as she was making herself sound. But being a reporter was difficult, and as she said, audiences do not really listen to anything once the words 'no casualties' had been said. She reached towards the back seat for her handbag.

"Take care and I will be back by evening. Don't get into trouble."

"Relax." Komal opened her door and got out. "Get home safe kiddo."

Iyla waved before driving away. Komal looked up at the building that housed their apartment. It really was good to be out of that hospital. She walked in and proceeded up the steps. Once she had entered the apartment she dumped the small bag near the door. There was plenty of time to unpack and most of her things needed a wash so there was no point in putting them back in her closet. The apartment looked the same before she had been admitted. Her sister had clearly put an effort in keeping it neat. Komal opened the door to her room. The bed had been fitted with fresh sheets and the room was spic and span. Komal decided she really wanted tea before taking her pills and falling asleep.

She stepped into their kitchen and began to boil water before searching for their supply of tea bags. Hospital tea really didn't qualify as tea at all she thought as she closed the cabinet. More like golden colored liquid which didn't taste as appealing as it sounded. She pulled a tea bag out of the box and proceeded to dip it into the water.

That's when she felt it again; a sudden pain in her chest right where her heart was. Panicked, she let the tea bag go and tightly gripped the counter. The pain vanished as soon as it came; she was now left with a slightly higher pulse and a vague imprinted memory of how the pain was. It didn't make any sense to her. The doctor had told her there was no trauma after the accident.