T W O

Yeah Shay Mitchell is who I imagine as Raven btw

I want this story to have a strong media component to it so there should be a gif or picture in every chapter

remember to vote :)
>
<
>

There are about twenty valid reasons to scream when you wake up strapped down to a table, but I think the most prominent in the current situation is that I cannot see a thing. Having (in my opinion) the most important sense ripped away from you is a pretty good cause to scream out your lungs. So that's exactly what I do when I wake up, to find that even with open eyes my vision is completely black.

Panic fills my body, again; and yet another appropriate response is triggered. I flail my arms and legs around wildly for the whole second it takes me to feel my limbs tug against metal, not moving an inch. I'm strapped down, helpless and blind. That really doesn't help my accelerating heartbeat. There's nothing but silence around me. I think that I'm alone, seeing as sound is all that I really have to go on. Coincidentally there is absolutely none. Nothing but the slight gasps that my heavy breaths have morphed into.

I realize quickly how much worse the situation will end up being if I have a panic attack in this state. I'm not exactly sure what this state is, honestly. The first order of business is to calm my breathing and heart, the two things currently keeping me alive. They shouldn't be working this desperately. It's a struggle, but I manage to make my body relax for a second, willing myself not to focus on the cuffs and the lack of ability to move. This helps in slowing both my breathing and heartbeat simultaneously, focusing on a single thing in my mind until my body is functioning healthily once again. That single thing, happens to be the fact that I'm alive. Literally, I chant it over and over in my head.

It happens to be a lot easier to think straight when you're not on the verge of a panic attack. Who would've thought? The memories of the past few hours, minutes, seconds - I actually don't have a clue how much time has passed - suddenly rush back to me. The last thing I have recollection of is passing out. I was drugged. I remember being drugged.

Suddenly I hear sound, voices, and lots of them. It's alarming how quickly things go from silent to heated with conversation, completely skipping the build up. I realize it was because a door has been opened. I guess that means I'm in a room?

"She's awake," somebody murmurs. And though there's all that crap out there about heightened hearing with lack of sight I'm still frustrated out of my mind as I try and break up the different parts of multiple conversations. I briefly make out "somebody let her out" and "not yet," and that happens to be all I need to jumpstart my heart all over again. The poor thing won't last another hour at this rate.

"Please," I'm surprised and incredibly bothered at the fragility of my voice, hoarse, and scratchy with lack of use. Maybe I have been knocked out for a while. Nevertheless, the room goes silent for me. In the silence, it's as if I'm alone once again. Except for the fact that I can feel others' presence. It makes the anxiety worse, feeling these other strangers around me. "What do you guys want with me? I haven't done anything." I don't think I've ever broken myself down to this level of weakness and vulnerability in my life, and I hate it. It's pathetic and not strong at all, but what can I do. I'm blinded and strapped down to what's probably a table.

This time the responding whispers are too silent to decipher at all, until a voice finally speaks up. It's a male voice, but not Louis or Harry or Zayn. I've been listening carefully, trying to make sure. "For gods sake guys take off the poor girl's blindfold."

My breath catches in my throat and I don't even dare to breath, listening intently for a sound. "Liam's right." That was Harry, I'm sure of it. I place his position in the room, only a few feet away from me. There's some quick scuffling, steps coming closer and closer towards me and then bam, the tightness of soft material I barely noticed before is released from my face. The darkness disappears from over my eyes and I can see.