Chapter 3

•Sophie•

I got home few minutes after 4. It was scorching hot so I decided to take my bath. I still hadn't gotten used to the heat here. Dinner with my dad was in less than two hours.

I did a mental checklist of things that I had to get done before I set out.

Compartmentalizing stuffs and a tidy room gave me a sense of belonging. Like I finally belong somewhere and that somewhere was my room. The only place I fit in.

My thoughts began to drift to my mum, I began to play the what if's and what's not.
I did not realize I had spent that much time brooding till I stole a quick glance at my wall clock.
Jeez if I didn't start preparing now chances I'd get there late was a 90 and I don't like being late for stuffs, it ruins my composure plus lateness doesn't look good on me.

***
Alighting from the cab I took, I looked left,right and then left again before crossing the busy road. I was one for following the rules. The restaurant was by the other side of the road.

The restaurant was an all glass structure one could see it's insides from outside it was located at a conspicuous side of the road, it decors in the colours red and blue, and a neon sign with the letters M & M's inscribed on it's headboard.

I could see my dad already seated in one of the booths he picked a good one with a nice view.
If always on time was a person that would definitely be my dad. It was in the genes

I pushed the entrance door open and immediately I felt the cool breeze on my skin, enveloping me. It was really chill inside, one of the major reasons I loved this place was that it reminded me of home.

My dad looked up instantly like he already sensed my presence.

Waving and smiling both at the same time I could tell even though the last time I saw him was this morning he was still very happy to see me.

I really loved the spot dad chose , it had a clear view of the outside world and it's ever busy inhabitants. The people here always seemed like they were always in a hurry to get to wherever they were going to.

"Over here Sophia"

"hi daddy" i said settling into the opposite booth so I could face him.

"since I'm here now and everyone else is present let the celebration begin".

"wow!!! dad you even got me a cake" noticing the cake box on the table for the first time.

"sarcastic much' he said laughing heartily

"well there's no birthday celebration without a birthday cake don't you agree?".

"you really are the best dad and I love you so much"

" don't go all soft on me, come here " he said playfully tapping my nose with a finger.

"okay dad how do I look.? Fine much.?"

"oh mi'ja you look stunning"

I was laughing real hard now.

"dad did you just go all spanish on me right now....what have you been watching.?"

"A spanish movie, my assistant was talking about this movie that just came out recently to a friend of hers in the coffee room and I was passing by at the time so I decided to watch it when I got a little bored. So that's where I picked it up from, don't even bother to ask me the title, I don't remember it"

"Okay let's see, very cute with limpid eyes, dark haired about 155cm in height"

"dadddddddd!!"

"just kidding " he said between laughs. you look good and you let your hair come out to play today that's nice"