ch.viii:interludes, dreams, trips

CHAPTER EIGHT🐛

VON:
I rolled over and immediately winced at the pain in my ass and legs. "Oh shit" I mumbled to myself before opening my eyes. I looked around not knowing where I was. "Happy Birthday my nigga." A groggy voice said behind me. I turned around and saw a man. He was fine, but I didn't recognize him. "What's wrong, dawg?"

"You mind if I shower?"

"Sure... if you want my cousins to know you here. I can take you home. But you gotta promise to come chill with me later on."

"Was they here last night?" I asked getting a nod in response,"Then they already know I'm here. Where the bathroom at?"

"Can I come with you?"

I accidentally turned up my lip at him. I mean, I wasn't disgusted, but the shit wasn't cute either. I felt dirty but in a good way. "I don't even know yo name." I told him, the only excuse I could think of.

"Johnny."

"I'm Von."

"I know." He chuckled. Johnny took my hand in his and guided me down the hallway past an open door with two dudes in it and another another open door with a girl in it and when we got to the bathroom, he closed and locked it before pulling me closer to him. "You sure you want me in there with you? I know I tore that shit up last night."

"You saying I can't a handle a lil dick?"

"Ain't nothing little about my dick." He said boastfully, taking my hand into his again, guiding it down to his crotch to feel his soft member which still filled up my hand. I already knew it was big by how my body felt, but I didn't remember anything about our encounter last night. "Ion know... I can't really tell while it's soft." I said shrugged, knowing exactly what to say to get that experience sober.

"I can fix that." He said, taking his boxers off and starting to tug on it. "Gimme a kiss, Von." He said with a look in his eye that made me kind of nervous. My stomach fluttered as I moved my face closer to his and I pecked his lips. "That ain't no kiss baby. Gimme some suga." He chuckled, leaning in himself this time, taking hold of my head with his free hand.

"God damn Von! You gone sleep yo whole damn birthday away?!" Someone yelled from the other side of my bedroom door. I groaned and rolled over, touching the rug underneath my bed in search for my phone. After checking the time, I opened my Instagram app where I had been looking at the pictures Hakeem posted the night we met. This years birthday was so chill, a complete opposite from last year. I laid back down and allowed my mind to travel some more.

Twenty-three don't feel no different from twenty-two that I can tell so far.

Sitting out here watching Mr.Pitts' nephew cut the grass across the street reminded me of a promise that I had made to myself when I was eighteen. It was the year that I enrolled in college, something I really didn't want to do to begin with but I saw how some folks get trapped in this city and miss their chance to expand and branch out and I just knew that that could never be me. By twenty five, I should be on my own, a home... a car... a good ass job or something, but here I am, twenty three and don't even have a drivers license yet. I'm still sitting here when he finishes fixing the lawnmower on his pick up and I wave him over. I've never really spoken to this dude and I don't know his name, but my grandfather usually offers him a cold drink when he finishes cutting Pitts' lawn. Since my grandfather isn't here, I figured I'd do it for him.

"What's up?"

"Hey, I'm Von. Ernie is my grandfather."