Diamond

I felt my heart melt.

I forgot about Rosy.

I knew we were ment to be.

Could it be possible to have a chance with her?

We both had a very silky, smooth coat. And very pointy straight ears. The only difference was me having a big nose, but her nose was small.

I was still gazing at her but, she had turned away.

"Cornelius." Cody tugged on my leash, I glanced up at him, then in front of me.

The rest of the family had gone walking already. I began to walk and Cody followed. Soon, we caught up to the rest of the family.

Ema was walking rosy, Jacob held Cornelius jr on his leash, and lastly, his wife (Nicole) was walking Angel and Pinky.

As we all walked, I glanced back to the dog and Marming. A old lady was holding the dog's leash. She was standing next to Marlin. Marlin was walking Marming.

I couldn't stop looking at her. My heart was beating faster every second. My animal instincts took over.

I took a random veer to the left. They were only about 25 feet away.

I began tugging. Cody looked down confused. "Whats wrong?"

I paid no attention. I couldn't help myself. I ran. I was to strong for Cody, he let go, and I ran for her.

"Cornelius!" Cody shouted. The whole family turned around and paniced.

"Cody, go get him! He's your dog!" Ema shouted.

Cody ran after me. I finally was standing next to the dog. Cody was about to catch up with me, in about 30 seconds. But I tried my best to talk to her.

I needed to think fast.

Hi. She said, her eyes burning into mine.

Diamond-   began Marming. But she cut him off.

Its nice to meet you,  she said in a very soothing, calm voice.   Im Diamond.

Hello,  I said nervously.  Im Cornelius.

Ruining the moment, Cody finally caught up. "I am so sorry," he began as he looked up at Marlin at his wife, very nervous. "What can I do to make it up to you?"

Marlin's wife looked up at Cody. Every one was looking at Cody. Even his parents and his sister.

"Well," Marlin's wife began to speak. "You could walk Marming and Diamond around the block this week. My husband and I will be a little busy this week. If its ok with your parents, you can take care of them, meanwhile."

Cody stared at her in amazement.  This lady is crazy! He thought.

Yes! I said to myself. I'll finally get to spend time with Diamond!

"Ok," Cody responded. "I'll ask my parents."

He came back with his parents behind him.

Jacob look at them, "I'll give you my number, so we can keep in touch."

They had left, but I wasn't paying attention. I was looking at Diamond.

Cody pulled on my leash,"Cornelius."

He complained.

Alright! Alright!   I moaned in my head.

We got in the car, and soon got home.

Once we did I ran up the stairs to Cody's room. I jumped on his bed and laid on a pillow.

I closed my eyes, and pictured Diamond.