Drew

Eva never called back or answered any of my calls. I understood her silence, her unwillingness to reach me, she is hurt, and probably realized she doesn't want this, us. I just pray to have it in me to respect her choice and not pursue her because Lord knows my crave for her grows by the minute.

So, early this morning, after another restless night, I got a call from Sam asking me to attend a conference sponsored by Cubicone taking place in Lisbon for the next three days and I didn't even have to think twice because this will give me the perfect excuse for not going out with Marina next Saturday. Besides, I'm not teaching any classes for the rest of the week and I would probably mope around about Eva all weekend. Maybe this is just the break I need to clear my head and plan how to win her back.

I dressed casually, not even bothering to shave my two day stubble, grabbed my bag and made my way to Cubicone to get a ride from Sam to Lisbon.

Ten minutes later, waiting by the entrance, I spot Sam's black JAG SUV crossing the parking lot but as it got closer I realize that Sam is not the one behind the wheel.

I freeze. Damn Sam, I really can't decide if I want to thank you or punch you right now.

I walk towards the car and half-way she lifts her eyes and stares at me, shocked. Seems I'm not the only one caught off-guard here. I open the passenger's door and take her in from head-to-toe, black wavy hair, sleeveless knee length body hugging black dress with matching black shoes.

Holy shit, I've died and gone to heaven. Now I get it why the first woman in Paradise was named Eva, fucking pure sin. How the fuck am I supposed to keep it to myself locked up in a car with this roadmap-to-sin-body-with-the-smile-of-an-angel woman, for the next couple of hours?

Lord have mercy.

I swallow hard, before mouthing 'Hi'.

"Good morning Mr. Martin. Are you ready to go?" She says absently.

Oh boy, this is about to become a very long ride.

I stare at her before answering. "Yes".

She pulls the car back on the road and my jaw drops as I realize she is driving a stick. Isn't she a woman after my own heart? I'm lost in awe of this woman, for fuck's sake.

She keeps silent until we get onto the highway, when I decide to try my luck and break the ice. "Eva, can we talk? Please."

She grips the wheel hard, making her knuckles go white. Shit, I don't want to upset her while she is driving. "Do you want me to drive?" She glares back at me with blazing eyes.

Fuck, shut the fuck up Drew.

I take my laptop out of my bag to keep myself from addressing her any further, while she effortlessly shifts gears and speeds through the highway. She drives like a pro and, spoiler alert, that's a major turn on for me. Hold on to whatever sanity and restraint you got left Drew and while you're at it, restraint a little further and use your laptop to hide that growing erection of yours.

I sigh. Like I said, a very long ride.

It took her half-an-hour less than was supposed to to get us to Lisbon and we are now parking at the lavish Corinthia Lisbon Hotel.

I get out of the car, pick both our bags and walk by her side towards the reception desk, where a blonde woman greets us, scanning me top to bottom for a little too long.

"Welcome to Corinthia Lisbon. How can I help you?" She asks me, deliberately ignoring Eva.

Eva frowns before taking the lead. "Hi. We have a reservation under Sam Silva's, please."