Friends

Allanai's POV ~

"Hey...!" I screamed playfully towards the ones, who just hit me with a volleyball. I was reading one of my favorite books, 'Mystical Creatures~' it was called. A corny title with a corny plot, but somehow it grabbed your attention. It grabbed your attention like if it was some enchantment of sorts. It was about a cursed boy who from a different species that could never find love, but finally met a girl of his dream. Yeah. Like I said corny. I quickly jumped up, ready to enact my plan of revenge on the ones responsible for hitting with the soft leather ball. I spotted the group of boys.

"I'm gonna kill you guys!" I shouted in anger. "Well.... In order for you to do that you have to catch us." Keiynan replied. That damn smart aleck, one of the guys I called my friends, which he was. He was tall, with broad shoulders, a toned body, short spikey black hair, and hazel coloured eyes that contrasted with his brown skin tone. He was also a dancer of sorts, he belonged to a small but well-known dance company. Keiynan was the one that had a uncontrollable crush on me. And everyone knew about it, including me, and honestly he didn't deny the fact. But I just didn't like him in that matter. He was handsome and had a geeky, cheerful personality. I guess you could say... And I quote, " He wasn't my type."

I picked up the small white ball, aimed at his face, and cocked back my arm and threw it. It landed softly in the sand, the boys stared at it, and eventually bursted out into laughter. "You throw like a girl!" They teased. I just pouted. "Yeah, yeah... Now Keiynan what's your excuse?" I replied. That's when I felt a soft breeze my red hair flowing in the opposite direction. I looked towards the boys and it seemed like they were struggling.

What seemed like a soft breeze to me, was what resembled a hurricane to them. They struggled to keep their balance. I heard a few giggles behind me. It was Alexia that cause that wind. Which reminds me on how we knew it other. My group of friends and I shared a common trait. We had special abilities.. Powers would be a better word to describe what we could do. Alexia could control, and manipulate the wind and air around her. Kieynan had the power of all four common elements. Fire, water, earth, etc. And I myself only had control of Fire. I could burn anything in my sight. I got my fire from almost everything from a local fire, from the sun, or from my on body heat/energy. All the others, I'll get to them when they get introduced.

Another thing was, we teenagers had run away from what was known as the real world. We travelled the earth forgetting our unknown families. We only had fun, we didn't want to be dragged down by something as finding out who our real parents were. But the truth  was, we were running away. We were running away from reality, and the  people who wanted to capture us and "help us". They almost got us once but somehow we manage to escape. I never question how I just thank the ones above us. I continued to watch the boys struggle with the wind, until we girls thought they had enough. I jogged back over to the others giving Alexia a smack on the hand which she held high. "Nice one." I said with a smirk . "Ya know I couldn't let them mess with you like that." She replied.

After a couple hours and the sun started to set we started to pack up our stuff. "Sure is beautiful." A familiar voice said, wrapping their arms around my hips. "Get off me Keiynan" I struggled to remove the hands from around me but he kept his hold on tight. I eventually just gave up, and let in to his hold. He rested his chin on my shoulder, his growing stubble tickling my bare skin. "You know I love you right, and I'll do anything for you?"

"Yeah I know, it's just I don't like you that way." I replied back in a soft tone.

The corner of his lips turned into a smile, "Doesn't mean I'll stop going for you." I let out a deep sigh, knowing he was only telling the truth. I took this moment to get away from his grip, and manage to get out of it. I did a small victory dance, before I was tackled down landing on the smooth, grainy sand.

"Hey no fair." I whined and squirmed my body under Keiynan's weight. "I could just bur-" I interrupted by a stolen kisses. Keiynan's lips pushed against mine, his warm plump lips caressing my lips perfectly. The kiss lasted for 6 seconds. He lifted his mouth from mine, and he stared into my owns. Blood rushed to my face turning it to a red strawberry. "It seems I'm a good kis-"