12| JØ฿₴

❣︎ ❣︎ ❣︎

❣︎ ❣︎ ❣︎

Thursday Morning

❣︎ Yora ❣︎

"Girl! Get yo' ass up!"

A pillow was thrown into my face, instantly jolting me awake. I couldn't grasp the situation since I was still groggy. I rubbed my eyes and blabbered some gibberish that not even I could understand.

"I don't know what the hell you just said, but I'm glad I came early. If you need to clock in at ten, why the hell are you not up? It's nine thirty!

"What?" I picked my phone up from the nightstand beside me and checked the time. It indeed was nine thirty.

Well, nine thirty-one.

She pulled the covers off of me and yanked me out of the bed by my wrist. "You can't be late on your first day, Yora!"

"I know that, T." I said as I swung my closet open. I pulled out a wrinkled white button up and hurried to the drawer to find that stupid skirt.

"You better be ready in ten minutes. I'll be waiting in the car for you." She said as she left the room

I hurried into my bathroom and threw on the clothes. I missed a few buttons on my button up, but didn't have time to fix them.

My hair was out of the question. These curls were going in a messy puff. There was no time for makeup either. For my first day, I looked incredibly unprofessional.

I brushed my teeth as quickly and thoroughly as I could before throwing on some pumps and rushing out the door.

I could see Ta'rae's looks of disapproval from the car window. I lumbered into the passenger seat, trying my best to ignore her.

"Yora, you look a hot fuckin' mess!" She said.

"I know, but I was in a rush!" I said in my defense.

She shook her head and reached over the seat. She unbuttoned and redid my shirt to perfection, adjusted my skirt, and tucked away my fly away hairs.

"There." She said. "One day, I'll teach you well enough to the point where you won't need me to fix you up anymore."

I rolled my eyes and laughed at her. "Let's just get going. I have ten minutes." I said.

She shifted the cars gear into drive and pulled away from the curb.

We drove halfway down the street before she spoke again.