The Reappearance Of A Ghost

She had tried everything. Beatrice checked out countless books from the village library on love being linked to supernatural abilities and spiritual connections, she stole, no borrowed, Lilith's laptop to browse the web for any answers, finding many discussions on love and spiritual bonding on sites like Reddit and Quora. However she came up blank, only feeling more confused―and guilty for taking the laptop in the first place when Lilith began complaining about the numerous emails she was getting from the sites―and turned towards simply trying to test out the halo's power. If she even had the halo, that is. 

Beatrice spent a lot of time testing her endurance and strength, lifting heavy equipment during her shifts, doing extra push-ups and sit-ups in the barn as well as climbing numerous trees. She certainly seemed able to withstand all the extra work, but her muscles were straining immensely the next day.  

But there were still questions to be answered: 

Was there a halo bearer in this realm? 

Did a second Adriel and Vincent exist here? 

When would she meet the other girls? 

Where was Ava? 

Were this OCS aware of her intrusion on their planet? 

She could think of only one person who could answer her questions. 

⊗⊗⊗

The Vatican was exactly as she remembered, only in this universe, it hadn't been blown up. For all she knew, no one had ever plotted any harm against it in this world, but that probably wasn't true. This was a holy site, and evil would've surely tried to have destroyed it before. Beatrice took a deep breath, crossing herself once, before entering the building, dressed in her habit so as to blend in with everyone else. 

Nuns were walking around the building along with Swiss guards stationed at every entrance and exit, blank expressions on their faces and steel spears gripped in their strong fists. Dressed in their yellow, red and blue matching uniforms, she began to feel intimidated, remembering the last time she was here. But no one knew who she was, so she breathed a sigh of relief. 

The further into the Vatican she travelled, the more curious glances she received―probably wondering why a nun needed to be this far down and who she was―but she continued on her journey, finally reaching the tombs. Torches flickered in their scones, bathing the dimly lit crypt in an eerie orange glow similar to the light shining from pumpkins on Halloween. 

Finally, she found it. The wall that concealed his tomb. Just like she suspected, someone had already been here. A note was pinned to the wall with tape, written in scarlet blood: 

I know you're there. 

-A 

The message sent chills down her spine.