fourty-four

▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰

▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰

Sovokia - Apartment, New York
Sometime between August 13 - 15 2015

▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰━▰

a/n : take jade's words at the end with heart. i'm sorry :'(

Jade held onto the little girl as we paced quickly to the church. My breaths came out nervously and ragged. I was nervous, now having to protect a little girl - or a child in general. But I shook my head and took a steading breath.

And we stopped. I looked to Jade as she set the small child to the ground. She gave me a wary look.

"Maia, I don't think its safe there for her," she said, looking now at the church with sacred eyes. "I don't think we should go there."

Before I could say anything, loud noises came from the church. Jade picked up the girl and we started running towards a building, but all the buildings were close to the church.

We were going to be close towards the church anyways. Jade stayed next to the little girl as I walked over to a window. I needed to figure out what was happening in the church, so maybe I could get the girl to a safer place, but I didn't know what to do.

"Jade, I don't know about this," I mumbled, shaking my head as I peered into the church from the window, barely able to see anything. "Tony's there and Ultron. There's a bomb or something in the middle of the room. We need to get her out of here."

The girl started to wail. "I - I wan -- want mommy," she sobbed. Jade tried shushing her and hold her, but her cries didn't yield. "Please? Mommy said we'd get ic - ice crea - cream," she hiccuped.

My face drops at her words. I turn to her quickly. "Jade, I'm going into the church. You get her out of here," I decided quickly.

Jade shook her head. "Maia, you can't go in there alone. I feel something is going to happen," she mumbled, playing with the girls hair calmly.

I nodded. "Something is going to happen. Ultron is going to die," I said with a raised brow.

Jade pursed her lips. "No, with Pietro -" but she cut herself off as the words came from her mouth.

I shook my head and started my way out of the building. "Pietro is going to be fine," I said certainly. "I just need to help Tony."

And so I walked from the building with my hands ignited in gold power. I walked over to the church with a look of confidence. It wasn't real. I was trying to fill myself into believing I was confident in beating Ultron with Tony. I thought maybe if I did that then it would become true, but I knew that wasn't going to be the case. I kept thinking it, though.