Chapter 3

I wake up at 11 P.M. I feel some of my hair stuck to my tears on my cheeks, and I got a throwback to everything that happened. Me running to my room out of nowhere, in front of him. I must of concerned Charlie after that scene. All in one day. In front of Charlie.

Charlie.
My "slight" crush. This isn't slight anymore, is it?

And with that, I know I can't stay here anymore. At least, tonight.

I grab out paper and a pencil. I know where to go, and what to write.

"Charlie,

Before you ask: yes, I am bringing my masks. Yes, I have money. Yes, I will be safe. Yes, I will get food.

"I'm staying outside tonight, not here. It's not the house; it's beautiful, and it's like my second home. It is not the pandemic either; I've grown accustomed to quarantine. And it's for sure not you, because you are the best friend I've ever had. You mean the world to me."

My hand stops for a second as my thoughts compose themselves.

"Actually, that might just be it. You mean more than that, Charlie. You are my best friend...but I slightly like you. Slightly, but only recently! I can and will get over it, and we can maintain our old relationship as best friends with teenage girls shipping us like normal. I promise that. But I just need a night by myself.

"I promise I'll be back, if you still want me back.

Your homie,

Leo."