Chapter 1

Mason laughed as she raced Binx and Jesper through the snowy forest. "Mason! Wait up!" Jesper called, falling behind as she put on a burst of speed. Jesper was a year old, and the newest addition to the Hunt. But Mason did as he said and slowed a little. "Thats enough, Omegas." a deep voice sounded from above. Mason, Binx, and Jesper looked up to see Jackson, one of three Betas in the pack, standing on an uprooted tree and smiling affectionately down upon them. Mason grinned back at the handsome brown-furred wolf. "Yes captain Jackass" she called him by his pet name she'd given him. Jackson laughed and replied with, "Bow down to me, Peasant Macy." The four wolves stood there laughing their headsy off, until  Jackson became serious again. "The Alpha Draco has requested an audience. He needs to discuss sonething with you and the other Omegas." Mason nodded happily and ran back towards the hill where the pack had their dens. Draco was waiting by his den, one of his rare frowns drawn across his chestnut muzzle. The other two Omegas, Alexandra and Jazz, were already with him. The three wolves walked up to them. "You sent for us Alpha?" Mason asked. "Yes, it appears we have a visitor." Mason tilted her head. Wasnt that good news? Why was Draco frowning? Draco smiled saddly. "I see your confusion Omega. You see, this paticular wolf is a melanistic Wolf. His name is Salem. You more likley know him as the Moon Alpha." Mason shivered at the title. She had grown up in fear of the Moon Alpha, the wolf who stole little cubs while they slept and was never caught because he blended in with the shadows. Every moon, he would howl, more low and ominous than any normal howl, earning him the title of The Moon Alpha. "Yes, I always did like that name." a deep, and frighteningly smooth voice sounded behind Mason. Startled out of her fur, Mason jumped and turned around. A pair of silver eyes looked into her amber ones. The frighteningly handsome black wolf stepped back and smiled. "Hello, my name is Salem." Mason smiled shyly. "Im Mason. Its great to meet you." Salem's smile fell. "Please, forget everything you've heard about me. None of its true, just rumors. I cant explain the kidnappings, but it wasnt me." Salem explained hurriedly. Draco nodded. "We all suspected as such. Welcome to the forest Moon Alpha." Salem nodded respectfully. "Thank you, Alpha Draco. Your welcome honors me." Draco then turned to the Omegas. "You are all dismissed. Mason, one moment." The others grumbled and stalked off, but Jesper and Binx kept their spunky attitude. Salem sat and watched a Morpho butterfly, as if he was thinking of eating it. "Mason, I want you to give Salem a tour of the wood. You will be his guide while hes staying with us." Mason nodded and smiled at Salem. The black wolf smiled back. Exchanging a few respectful and happy words, Mason lead Salem into the woods.

Dedicated to my friend Isla, who supports me by telling me she wants me dead.