SLICE-37

Preetha is leaning against Karan on her back and he is holding her securely.

They are enjoying the moment looking at the lake shining under the night light,

Karan: What's with the surprises today?

Preetha: Ummm.....kuch nai.

Karan: Aise kaise? You brought me roses and a pen with us! What's up?

Preetha: I just wanna give you.

Karan: Ok why all of a sudden?

Preetha (tilting her head to look at him): Don't I have the right to surprise you?

She asks slightly annoyed while Karan senses it and kisses her hair,

Karan(soothing): Who else has that right!

Preetha grins and they get back to seeing waters.

Karan sighs happily when Preetha wiggles in his hold. He restrains her moves by holding her tightly,

Karan: Kaha?

Preetha(showing lake): Waha!

Karan: You will get cold.

Preetha: My feet won't get cold.

She stands up moving from him and gives her hand to him to get up,he gets up holding her hand and they move towards the lake.

She removes her blue mirror shrug after folding her jeans to the elbows with Karan doing the same.

Preetha: Ready?

Karan: Ever!

Smiling they both take their first step in water.The sudden coldness on their feet makes their moment more thrilling.

Preetha stomps one leg and the other and finally starts jumping with both legs having a wide smile.

She squeals splashing water in all directions when she sees Karan just standing there without doing anything.

She smirks as she slowly bends down and  strikes the water on his face. Karan then comes out of his world and is confused for a bit but when he sees her laughing he understood what happened and narrows his eyes.

Karan: Not fair Sweetheart! 

He slowly takes a step,she takes a back step,

Preetha: I didn't do anything Mr.Luthra. Ask this lake or the stars above or the trees around if you want.

Karan looks around as the trees sway,the stars shine and the water remains still,

Karan: Do you think they are your saviours?

Preetha: Haa!

Karan(crossing hands): What am I then?

Preetha: Ummm.....You are the most cruel,strict, arrogant ruler.

Karan widen his eyes at her description while she is stifling her laugh.

She knows his next move and she runs with him behind.Seconds after Karan catches her from behind lifting her from the ground and twirling her in the shallow waters.

Her shrieks and his laughs echo in the dark night.

Karan: Now say sorry.

Preetha: Nah!

Karan: Then you will be in the air.

Preetha: Ok!

Karan is surprised,