SLICE-61

As their banter goes on, Rishi slips aside subtly to the pool which is far away and is covered with bushes around.

He didn't want to come here in the first place but he had to because of her family.

He sits at the poolside dipping his legs into the blue waters when he can't help but think about her.

Time heals everything.

It isn't true because it didn't heal his pain.

After that day, Rishi didn't meet Preetha for a week. Actually, he badly wanted to go away but because of his parents and internship he couldn't but he avoided her until he stabilized himself.

Preetha thought Rishi was angry and that's why he is avoiding her if only she knew what he's going through. She waited for that week and stubbornly met him at his house and explained to him what actually happened.

It's her fault for not sharing with him earlier and the later situations also didn't help her.

Preetha introduced Karan to her friends & apologized to them for keeping them in dark. Though the boys knew, the girls were shocked and mainly worried about Rishi. They were upset & angry with her for his state giving her a tough time convincing them.

But they also knew she's at no fault. Rishi had a chance with her since day 1 and he didn't utilize it. He waited....waited..... waited unaware of what could happen.

And Preetha is a passionate woman besides being an amazing friend. She got their back always. Technically, her marriage is her decision she didn't need to tell or take permission from anyone.

Owning to the above reasons and knowing her passion for her studies and herself, they got convinced but didn't leave Rishi alone. They were always there with him.

With his parents, friends & work, Rishi spent these months trying to believe that she's married. He didn't stop talking to her but that doesn't mean he forgave her.

He also has no idea when will he forgive her? Actually, will he ever be able to forgive or forget her?

The thoughts get interrupted by a person who sits beside him in the same manner,

"Hey!"

He didn't have a conversation with Karan and never thought to have one also.

Karan: Here's your coke.

He hands it to him and Rishi unwantedly takes it and keeps that on the ground. Though he's angry he won't disrespect him because Karan is higher in every aspect.

Karan: I heard that's your favorite.

Though Rishi doesn't respond he continues,

Karan: What next? Are you joining your father?

Rishi: Hmm.

His one-word answers & stiffened posture make his intentions clear. Many a time Karan tried to talk with him but he either avoided or ignored like now but he didn't stop. Sighing, he keeps quiet and stares at the lake in front.

It's evening time and the climate is calm & soothing in contrast to the thoughts of both the men when Karan heard him speak for the first-ever time in these months.

Rishi: You knew that right?

Karan didn't understand what he asked so glances at him,

Karan: What?

Rishi: You knew that I like her!

Preetha told him everything still there's this urge to confront,to ask him.