Chapter 4 - Avenge

We arrived home, bloated. Tim decided to sleep overnight at our house, since he's sad and he needs someone to talk to.

"Hey Tim, what's up with you and Katy? You guys...?" I asked, with a questioning look.

"Nope. I caught her, making out with .. Johnny."

"Johnny? Johnny Who?"

"Johnny Cane. Her ex. Ring any bells?"

"Holy shit that slut! I'll beat her up for you! Right now, I'm leaving this house and hunt her body down!"

I was about to leave and confront Katy when Tim held me so tight. Seeing your bestfriend heartbrokened is just not great sight.

I remember how Tim and I became besties. We live on the same street. We're five houses away. I remember riding on a bike when I was 5. I fell, and he instantly came to me. He carried me home, me being so little. He was only 8 that time. And since then, I thought of him as my hero and my bestfriend. That will never change. So seeing him in this situation right now, does not make me happy at all. Revenge is all I can think of.

Imagine that pretty face get scarred. Wait, no. It shouldn't be something obvious. As much as I want to do it myself face to face I also don't want to be maltreated by her friends or families for the rest of my life. I will be discreet...

"Hey, wanna grab some midnight snack? Timmy..." I tickled him.

"No." He quickly answered.

"But why? Why do you have to be so bitter about it? She's not worth it. She doesn't even love you. She's just after your looks and popularity. Well not to insult or discourage you or anything, but there are a lot of guys better than you. And if she really loved you, and you know it, then you won't have to worry. All she's good at is kissing you and treating you as her slave. Am I wrong?"

He thought for a while, then answered, "Nope. I guess you're right. And you're right too about her not loving me. Thanks for at least trying to comfort me and stuff." He hugged me.

"No problem. You're my bestfriend. Soooo... about the midnight snack???" I said with a big smile.

"You know what, it's unfair. You keep eating and eating because you shit every once in a while. I might lose these abs you know?!" He lifted up his shirt. I punched his stomach and he said "Oh come on Jeanyyy you can do better than that. That felt like a feather landed on me."

"Seriously?! Was it that bad?!"

"Yes. Seriously you should train with me. You need muscles. You'll be in the 9th grade next year... and then.. I'll be.. gone after that year.." I don't know why but tears came out of nowhere.

He tried to comfort me by holding me in his arms. Who else will I have after he goes away?

"Oh God you are such a baby."

"No I'm not. You can easily find friends. I mean, what if you replace me with another girl bestfriend?" I said with my voice cracking up while I'm still wrapped around his arms.

"Oh nooo is that what you're worried about? No way that ain't gonna happen. I mean seriously I've known you since I was 8."

"Okay, cool. So you promise me that you will not replace me?"

"I promise." He kissed my cheek. "You're my piggy bestfriend."

"I'll miss you really bad."

"I'll miss you too. And don't be too dramatic. I still have my 12th Grade to stay."

I fell asleep feeling protected. Don't get us wrong, we are not in love.