just goes to show

After Earth, but before Hell, there was Heaven. Where there was no worry over judgement upon life, neither law for living. The sky was the limit only for humans, but angels existed to breach that reality.

Before, it was only for them.

That had been Lucifer's mentality.

Humans were far more sinister than the animals their Father created. They extended their hands further beyond the simple cycle of nature they were intended for, leading to their demise against each other. It was frustrating to look at, because such notions were almost an insult to their Father. At least, Lucifer thought so.

No pack would turn their back on their own, for their scent is engraved into their mind. To recognize, to relate to. A pack scent brings familiarity, because all who have it are trusted not to turn on them.

You never questioned his opinions. Never agreed nor disagreed. And he knew. Such opinions were frowned upon. Purity tarnished by his 'vanity'. But you never saw it that way, because there was no way to look at it. There was no harm behind it, and as a protector, you knew.

He loved you for that. Loved you fiercely like he did anything.

He was beautiful, and he was beautiful with you. Was ever so kind and gentle, in his own positive and pepping energy. Cupping your rosy cheeks and literally taking you under his wing, brushing his hands over the ends of your hair. Caught you for your first flight, when Father was finally done creating one of his most loving creations. Your soul. Where you were so new and innocent to life. Yet, your innocence was what drew him to you.

Never fake like the same faces here in Paradise, and always so doe eyed with curiosity.

Heaven was only a place here with him.

You loved him. Your heart soared near him, light as the mist of the clouds you were able to stand on. Because of how light and pure your soul was, he would say. His most angelic angel.

And you'd always follow after him, starry eyed at everything he did. Heaven was bland without him, where everyone wore the same face, the same smile, the same everything. But never him.

You'd never question your devotion to your Father. But You'd follow Lucifer too.

You would never explore how deeply you would have followed Lucifer.

If he'd only let you. . .

You had kicked. Screamed. Heaving against the golden strength of your Brothers. Michael stone faced and Gabriel refusing to meet your eyes, a trace of sorrow marring his features on that storming day.

It hurt. Heart heavy and torn apart, so heavy you couldn't find the emotion to pick your wings up from the floor, hugging onto a cloud. Embracing nothing left.

"He knew you would go after him. . ." Gabriel empathized, "He didn't want you to Fall."

You didn't know what reaction was appropriate for this hurt he caused you. He knew. He knew.

Could you go after him now? This sudden chance was a trick to a centuries-long torturous question in your mind. Fate was devious to do this to you.