My ending :)

Continued pg 489, Allegiant

"Where is Tris?" I ask

"I'm sorry, Tobias."

"Sorry about what?" Christina says, roughly, "Tell us what happened!"

"Tris went to the weapons lab instead of Caleb," Cara says. After seeing the look on both of our faces, she adds, "She survived the death serum, don't worry, and she set off the memory serum as planned for Caleb. In fact, she is in the infirmary right now."

With that, I break into a run, but Cara puts out a hand to stop me.

"If she is fine, why can't we see her?" asks Christina, clearly as agitated as I am.

"She was shot, twice, in her right leg by David." Cara replies, calmly. "She fell unconscious and Matthew carried her to the infirmary to help her. The doctors have managed to take the bullets out, thank god they still had that knowledge after the serum took its effect, but she hasn't woken up yet."

"So is she alive or not?!" I shout, while Christina holds me back before I can pounce on Cara.

"She is fine, and you can go and visit her and all. But we don't know when she will regain consciousness." Cara replies. Christina lets me go, and I run; no, sprint to the infirmary.

Chapter 52: Tobias

I sit next to Tris, by her bedside. It has been a whole day since I saw her bright eyes, heard her sweet voice, held her thin but strong build, Christina comes and goes often, just as worried as I am. She normally spends her time in Uriah's room. The doctors have proclaimed that he will survive, as he is slowly slipping from his 'coma'. I also regularly visit him, and he seems to be okay, with an average heart rate, normal breaths and all. Hana and Zeke sit by his bedside, like I do with Tris, positive that he will wake up.

Oh Tris I think Why did you go? Why couldn't you have let Caleb go instead? As soon as I think these thoughts, I mentally punch myself. Of course she would go. She is Tris. My strong, selfless, smart, brave Tris. She would do anything for the people she loved, including her backstabbing big brother. I hold her hand as I think, wishing my energy would jolt her and she would wake up. A knock on the door snaps me out of my reverie. It's Caleb.

"Hi, Four." he says. He walks in, closing the door behind him, and flops down on the chair opposite of me. He looks tired, with red eyes and ruffled hair. I can tell that he has been crying lately. "I need to talk to you," he says.

"What do you want?" I ask, not taking my eyes off of Tris. He sighs, before he leans forward, putting his elbows on his knees, and starts talking.

"I know what you are thinking. In fact, I think the same thing. Why did she go to the lab? She was supposed to hate me, not sacrifice herself for me. I was supposed to go in and die, not her."

I glare at him, "Tris is not dead." I say angrily.

"All I mean is that it should have been me, and I am sorry. Not for this, but for everything else I have done. I shouldn't have betrayed you all, I shouldn't have sided with Jeanine Matthews." he says. He gets up, walking towards the doors. Before he leaves, he says, "She didn't want to leave you, you know? She told me to tell you, if she didn't survive, but I know that is what she will say when she wakes up." He leaves, shutting the door behind him.

I look at her face. Her calm, peaceful face. Anyone who doesn't know her would have thought that she was a calm and quiet person, if they saw her like this. But only a few people know her as she really is. And love her for it. Like I do.