Chapter Two

Jayden dove headfirst into the water and Cullen pointed toward the beach as he called out for his friends to head there.

They all swam to the beach and got to their wrist-phones while other bystanders headed for the location of the incident. Cullen pointed to Felix. "Call seven, seven, one," he said, while dialing a different number. Dmitri attempted to keep the other bystanders away from the area of incident and tried to keep them from getting too close. He tried yelling over the crowd calling for Dmitri to let them through, saying they need to see. Families kept their kids away, to Dmitri's relief, but every one else refused to listen.

Felix called the authorities, while Dmitri tried to keep the people away from the scene as much as he could with his choppy common and people yelling in multiple different languages.

After the authorities arrived, the bystanders left the scene, and Dmitri was relieved to call both Jayden and Abbigail's parents and explain what was going on as he received Blythe from the towel further back.

A loud splashing caught everyone's attention and they turned to the water and saw Jayden on the sand holding Abbigail in his arms, covered in scales, with horns, wings, and a tail resembling a Jasiren's tail. Jayden's eyes flashed a bright blue, and he collapsed.

The three boys and the paramedics rushed to Jayden and Abbigail and began administering CPR on both Abbigail and Jayden, until Abbigail came to. When she did, she was rushed to one Medical Truck while another paramedic was still administering CPR to Jayden.

Dmitri, Cullen, and Felix huddled around Jayden, far enough to give him some room, but close enough to check on him as the paramedic did his job.

"Is he going to be okay?" Felix asked, his voice shaky and worried.

The moment the words left his tongue, Jayden's eyes fluttered open and he was turned over onto his side to breathe. The three boys released their pent up breaths in relief as Jayden coughed up water.

"Easy there," the paramedic said, holding Jayden's head when he tried rolling it around.

Jayden's head rolled a little "Where..." Jayden started after he'd finished coughing. His speech was slurred, as if he'd been drinking a lot of alcohol within the last hour or so. He reached out a hand to touch something, but it was slow, as if searching for something but not finding it. Whatever it was.

"You're on beach, Jayden," Dmitri said.

"Where's Abbigail?"

"The paramedics have her," Cullen explained.

Jayden's head fell backward again, and his eyes closed. The three other boys cried out as their friend was lifted and carried all the way to the ambulance. His friends tried to follow, but the paramedics prevented them from entered the back of the truck.

They each called their parents to get them to pick them up until they heard if Jayden was safe and would recover.

They waited for their parents to come pick them up, all the while draining their phone batteries, calling people from all over who knows what happened, asking them if they heard anything yet about Jayden yet, and waiting for the one phone call saying Jayden was okay. They didn't know how much longer they'd have to wait, just to hear the news, and they didn't want to wait for it to happen.

Deep pits in their stomachs formed out of worry on their way home, and they repeatedly glanced at their phones, wanting to see and feel their phones ringing. Cullen rode and returned Blythe to Jayden's parents and told them what happened.

Jayden's parents' eyes widened in shock before they gave an actual reaction. "Do you know if he's...?" Jayden's mother left the question hanging for Cullen, but he was already shaking his head. "We don't know yet. He could be still on his way to the hospital by now. He could be in the hospital we don't know."